What's new

Question - Quan Chi How To Use Quan Chi To His Max Potential?

xCasket

Noob
Hey guys!

I wanna start getting into competitive play with my favorite character Quan Chi and I know a few decent combos but I wanna know how to use him to his maximum potential. What is his best variation? (I find Warlock the most fun) Why is the variation you recommend the best? What pointers can you give for me to use Quan Chis abilities to his maximum potential? as always, Thanks guys!

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
The main problem with Quan is that he doesnt have a good wakeup to get out of over agressive rush down players. Thats why I main Warlock because it has the exdb2 portal scoop to atleast give me a chance to get out of pressure. Not to mention exdf2 at the end of combos which is good for his little vortex. Can grab or go for an overhead or low . His njp is great to, throw it out every now and then to stop jump happy people. However Summoner is probably the best variation, Arguably the best offense in the game. Ask a summoner main why. I hope I helped

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
As a Summoner main, I agree he has the best offense in the game, the dude above is right.

If you're gonna pick up Summoner make sure to watch matches of pro players, namely @michaelangelo , @STB Shujinkydink and for Sorceror @PND_Ketchup come to mind, and watch what they do in certain situations, like full screen, in the neutral and what they do when getting pressured.

Secondly, look through the Quan thread on TYM, learn all of his dirt and don't be afraid to use it. He can do silly stuff with Puggles and the overhead B2 or NJP or kill the opponent in one touch in Sorceror. While Summoner is his go-to variation, Sorceror has its place and learning Warlock is definitely a must if you are playing Quan exclusively due to his armored launcher. It can be stuffed pretty easily, but it's still useful nonetheless.

And finally you need to learn everyone's gimmicks unless you plan on maining Warlock. The lack of a decent armored move means you have to hold it a lot of the time and just keep blocking till its your turn. Everytime you see a gimmick or something beats you online, go into practice mode and learn how to block it.

A final little tip for Summoner is to keep momentum going at all costs. Don't throw things out there just for the sake of it, but press buttons at every sensible opportunity you get, because every touch from Quan can be converted into ridiculous damage, a hard to blockable vortex, blockstrings and ultimately, death.