What's new

How to time wakeups

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
I seriously can't time wakeups i get them like 20% of the time I would win so much more if they would work.
So how do I time wakeups? I played injustice and it seemed they would work however but not so in MKX

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
It depends on what knocked you down. Wakeup time varies by how long you're on the ground. You just have to practice doing them in training mode after getting knocked down by different characters' strings and specials until you get comfortable. You cannot mash them out anymore like in Injustice, and none of them are invincible without the use of meter.

I seriously can't time wakeups i get them like 20% of the time I would win so much more if they would work.
So how do I time wakeups? I played injustice and it seemed they would work however but not so in MKX
You're actually correct. The developers actually changed around some (very basic) and key elements from Injustice to Mortal Kombat X. Obviously they added in the ability to block interactables, while also keeping them for the game itself -- but they changed several other things.

MKX has the delayed wake up option, which is designed to throw off your opponents next attack, and you do this by pressing down. Some people might actually be doing a wake up DELAY (by accident) if the wake up attack they're trying to do involves pressing the down button at all. So there's definitely that issue, but the timing on wake ups is actually somewhat different in MKX and you really just have to get used to it. I personally think that they should make them as easy as they were in Injustice, and I also think they should modify the meter burns back to how they were with Injustice.

I know this thread is old but someone might still benefit from the answers, as I too used to struggle with wake-ups until recently.
But now I mostly have success doing the input right after I see my character has stopped moving and is lying flat on the ground. That's the cue in for a wake up attack for me. Sure I don't get it every time, depending on what knocked me down, but it works more often than it fails and that is reliable enough for me.