What's new

Question how to throw tech

skater11

The saltiest
You CAN block throws but as soon as the opponent's hands are on your shoulders you have to let go of block and guess the 50/50. Just wanted to make that clear, people saying you can't block throws but in reality you can. Its possible to hold block all day and let go of block on reaction while simultaneously guessing.

omooba

fear the moobs
You CAN block throws but as soon as the opponent's hands are on your shoulders you have to let go of block and guess the 50/50. Just wanted to make that clear, people saying you can't block throws but in reality you can. Its possible to hold block all day and let go of block on reaction while simultaneously guessing.
@Scott The Scot seeing as how you're the only one i know likes to test random shit for tym scrubs can u verify?

skater11

The saltiest
@Scott The Scot seeing as how you're the only one i know likes to test random shit for tym scrubs can u verify?
Never did i mention that I do this consistently. Haven't you ever reacted to a throw that is very predictable and find yourself letting go of block and throw teching simultaneously at the last second? Yeah me too. The window is small but it's there. Most the times when I do tech is because i'm either going for the jab/normal, Accident, mashing, read. Rarely on reaction unless im really feeling myself.

Well that would mean that you can't block & throw tech lol. Even though I know for FACT it ain't possible.

If you let go of block you're not blocking dude.

skater11

The saltiest
"Technically" you are able to block the first few frames of the throw and simultaneously let go of block and tech.

omooba

fear the moobs
Never did i mention that I do this consistently. Haven't you ever reacted to a throw that is very predictable and find yourself letting go of block and throw teching simultaneously at the last second? Yeah me too. The window is small but it's there. Most the times when I do tech is because i'm either going for the jab/normal, Accident, mashing, read. Rarely on reaction unless im really feeling myself.
just to be clear when i said "test this for tym scrubs" i meant myself

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
No need to test, what he's saying is true. You can't tech a throw whilst blocking simultaneously. You can block in the first frames of the the throw then let go and tech it. I'll test later though if I absolutely must lol.

omooba

fear the moobs
No need to test, what he's saying is true. You can't tech a throw whilst blocking simultaneously. You can block in the first frames of the the throw then let go and tech it. I'll test later though if I absolutely must lol.
can u also test if ermac's b1,2 is plus against sub zero please

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You just need to be aware of situations where throws make sense. The more ready you are the less you will have to blindly react to it.