What's new

Guide How to Start the Fire - Smoke Guide

Definitely. Most of the smoke tourney players are definitely leaving. I think his offensive reward is going to be much too low. I think I'm gonna trust the wisdom of the tourney smokes who are leaving and look into my other options.

I'll stick around for a little after the patch to help people get used to the new smoke and maybe see if I can cope with the nerf, but at this point I'm really doubting that I'll play him afterward.

REYTHEGREAT

Yea I feel you. I'll stick around for a bit but eventually i will have to drop him. But when tourney players are dropping smoke, you know it's a sign lol.

I went ahead and made a new matchup thread since the other one wasn't being maintained. It's linked in the matchup section.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
I'm not able to get beyond early 30s in damage, might be time move on. Though, I haven't used any one else, so I'll be a clean slate.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thanks! I like to know when stuff I write is useful.

Post patch, I think that smoke is gonna have it rough. His bnb goes down to 37% (from 44%), and his jump kick --> air throw combo goes from 39% to 14%, which is a big hit. That puts his j.k OS air throw in the same category as most of the cast with air throws (and weaker than quite a few), where it was once one of his biggest selling points.

I'm going to try him out for a bit, but I'm preparing to jump ship if things don't work out. Hopefully Kenshi is good. He looks cool.

Yeah, I hear ya. I just used him casually here and there since launch, but I have decided he has potential :) and I want a third guy in my arsenal after Ermac and Scorp who I have down. I was playing with Smoke since day on for fun and haven't made up my mind yet if I could add him but now I want to, I like his overall game. The safe bomb, fastest sweep, nice safe launchers, air throw, invisibility(which when used right can be nasty lol) I used to use it a lot in UMK3 and it's always an edge when your foe can't see you lol.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Kenshi myself being a HUGE Ermac player