What's new

Question - Thunder God How to set up my dummy

redeka

Noob
Hello,

I am very new to the genre and after having played MoS Ermac for a while I have decided to learn some Raiden. I have been practicing b2 b2 b14 LRC f12 string so as to learn the vortex. My question is regarding the settings used in the lab to confirm I am doing the LRC quick enough.

Do I simply set the dummy to auto block? I discovered this allows me to confirm my LRC to f12 is coming out quick enough as to not let the opponent block, but I am unable to loop the string over again as the dummy seems smart enough to block the low or high hit that follows afterwords and allows me to loop the string.

Is this simply a limitation of the AI available or is there an option I am looking over?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Hello,

I am very new to the genre and after having played MoS Ermac for a while I have decided to learn some Raiden. I have been practicing b2 b2 b14 LRC f12 string so as to learn the vortex. My question is regarding the settings used in the lab to confirm I am doing the LRC quick enough.

Do I simply set the dummy to auto block? I discovered this allows me to confirm my LRC to f12 is coming out quick enough as to not let the opponent block, but I am unable to loop the string over again as the dummy seems smart enough to block the low or high hit that follows afterwords and allows me to loop the string.

Is this simply a limitation of the AI available or is there an option I am looking over?
Set the AI to record and fuzzy block for a minute. Then, set the AI to playback.

redeka

Noob
I appreciate the response, but your speaking Greek to me :S

Edit: In reference to the first reply.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I appreciate the response, but your speaking Greek to me :S

Edit: In reference to the first reply.
B2, pause, set to block, unpause - and continue...

If you meant me, fuzzy guard is to make it look like you're gonna block one way - but then actually block the other.

Remember, there are only 2 blocking commands. Hold block to block high. Hold down and block to block low.

To go from a high block to a low block, just hold down - not down-back, this ain't SF.

To go from a low block to a high block, simply let go of the d-pad.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Set the CPU block mode to "random attack". That will make the CPU block randomly the first hit of any string. You can practice your vortex/option selects and hit confirms with that setting.

infamy23

FireBeard
why do you need to set the dummy to block? unless you're doing the b2 option select...

if you're not doing the option select, then just do the combo and watch the damage counter. If it resets when you do the f12, then you did the LRC too slow.