What's new

Question How to safely link in your trait?

Twerk

Noob
It seems the only way to safely link it is in mid combo, but that usually means mid combo of a really large string just to do 48% damage.

Which is a great number but, the amount of setup and precision needed to get that when the other characters can get the same amount of damage with little effort without trait makes it highly discouraging to use the trait for the large string.

So aside from using your trait mid combo, is there any other strategic uses it has that can be popped?

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
Don't need much precision, at least during meter burn specials. Just tap the trait button any time during the animation of the previous move any time after it starts and before it ends. The first available frame after the move, trait will execute.

Trait outside of combos is generally considered not good since a) you can't block, and b) it ends f you take damage. Getting push-blocked also counts for this purpose, and will knock you out of trait immediately.

Flash needing his trait for similar combo damage to other characters is most likely a balancing factor in the same way that needing a meter burn is since, if he could do that damage at any time, he probably be nigh unbeatable.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Use it when you see them whiff an attack that you would normally only be able to punish with Lightning Charge. Then you get a full combo instead.

Xenrail

Noob
i'll just leave this right here.....
do you have any ranked games recorded? one thing i have trouble dealing with is jumping mixup abuse. i can't do shit against it and it makes me rage like crazy. i can't reaction block it and when i hold forward to block i eat a normal instead. it's fucking ridiculous

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
do you have any ranked games recorded? one thing i have trouble dealing with is jumping mixup abuse. i can't do shit against it and it makes me rage like crazy. i can't reaction block it and when i hold forward to block i eat a normal instead. it's fucking ridiculous
tune into teamspooky stream tonight, i'll be at nextlevel arcade, i'll be using the flash mostly, but i wont expose any of my crazy flash tech until ect 5, so stay tuned for both, and i will be posting all the matches that get recorded on my youtube, doing commentary on them to help out other flash players :)

Xenrail

Noob
tune into teamspooky stream tonight, i'll be at nextlevel arcade, i'll be using the flash mostly, but i wont expose any of my crazy flash tech until ect 5, so stay tuned for both, and i will be posting all the matches that get recorded on my youtube, doing commentary on them to help out other flash players :)
what time?

Zyphox

kk that's roughly in 3 hours. sweet :D. hope you do well mang.

also your twtich channel has no past broadcasts ;o
yeah i haven't been streaming am on vacation in NYC right now and i didn't bring my capture card to live stream, i have no idea about why past boradcasts aren't available, maybe i need to do something but am a noob at streaming.

Xenrail

Noob
yeah i haven't been streaming am on vacation in NYC right now and i didn't bring my capture card to live stream, i have no idea about why past boradcasts aren't available, maybe i need to do something but am a noob at streaming.
i can help you setup a pretty good stream if you'd like. i have experience in it

Zyphox

i can help you setup a pretty good stream if you'd like. i have experience in it
what do you have in mind? i use an elgato, and i use xsplit to stream, it runs great when i do stream, i just dont know about the past broadcast stuff.

Xenrail

Noob
what do you have in mind? i use an elgato, and i use xsplit to stream, it runs great when i do stream, i just dont know about the past broadcast stuff.
elgato is fine. xsplit uses up a ton of resources. i would recommend OBS --uses up less resources, simple interface, constantly updated, has a great forum board & community, lots of plugins, an open code for personal modifications, and lots of configuration options. Best of all, it's completely free. As for past broadcasts, twitch automatically deletes them from their server after a period of time unless you have a lot of views/twitch partner.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can cancel Speed Dodge into Speed Zone. someone might find that useful.

Zyphox

Zyphox

just noticed that you didn't make it to semi finals. :/. none of your matches were streamed
yeah tonight it didn't seem like there were that many people for injustice, so only winners side was streamed. i played nerdjosh's cyborg, i wish it was on stream, i didn't lose a round. but i was taken out by jrosa, kept trying to pressure him on wake up and he caught me with lift everytime. am going to vsm tonight so stay tuned to kombat network :)

Xenrail

Noob
yeah tonight it didn't seem like there were that many people for injustice, so only winners side was streamed. i played nerdjosh's cyborg, i wish it was on stream, i didn't lose a round. but i was taken out by jrosa, kept trying to pressure him on wake up and he caught me with lift everytime. am going to vsm tonight so stay tuned to kombat network :)
what time and do they have a good quality stream?

Zyphox

what time and do they have a good quality stream?
of course, they pretty much made mortal kombat 9 popular from there stream LOL its kombat network. and they start streaming at 8pm est.this time i will be on stream :)

Xenrail

Noob
of course, they pretty much made mortal kombat 9 popular from there stream LOL its kombat network. and they start streaming at 8pm est.this time i will be on stream :)
kk sick gonna check it out. finally hope ill be able to get to watch some good flash matches. Bifu Insaynee's flash was kinda meh