What's new

Question - Impostor How to punish teleporting?

Griefa

Noob
Hi guys,

Ive been playing a lot of Shinnoks online that have been abusing me with spamming teleports that I cannot punish. What is the proper method and timing to punish this technique? Typically they do overheads and kicks, and I always feel like I am at negative frames on block.

Thank you!

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
I had the same issue

1. Just njp (the jump that executes a bounce pop up whatever)

2.backdash and punish with overhead or low even armor

3.UPPERCUT THAT MF

4.teleport his teleport :)

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Yea I think the most practical punish would be njp since his tele has recovery before he can execute an aerial move. That would be your window to punish consistently but too slow and you will probably easy one instead. My knowledge of this character of only basic so I'm unsure if shinnok players have traps that prevent you from a njp punish.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Who do you play? Idk I play kano and hit him out of it with d2(his is solid) sometimes it trades but 14% vs his like 5%. But dashing would mostly work.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Teleport? I would think the obvious answer is just block? I don't think there are any teleports that are safe. Generally, quite the opposite.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Teleport? I would think the obvious answer is just block? I don't think there are any teleports that are safe. Generally, quite the opposite.
Most of them are telegraphed and only work as either part of a combo or to dunk you for being a dink and mashing buttons when you were supposed to stay still. I'm not familiar with Shinnok's frame data at this point though so I'm not sure.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Ah, forgive me, TC. I misread your post. Yes, neutral jump and 2 it.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I haven't unlocked Shinnok yet so can't practice this but what is the tele on block? I lost to someone that basically just teleported and followed up... Do you have to punish it in the air? Can he only execute it in the air? I'm so MU ignorant it's ridiculous

gibster13

A fan of fans
With every teleport all you must do is bait it out. I main shinnok and zone ppl from full screen. I will pause the pressure of zoning and this will make the opponent want to get in with running or normally a teleport. After the bait of the teleport punish it.

I would only recommend NJP if u play quan chi cuz its 4 frames ,otherwise just uppercut it just like kung laos teleport as soon as u see the purple rain.

Can't you step away from him no matter in which direction?
If he teleports behind you u have to move forward if he teleport infront of you u have to move backwards. Also a good shinnok would often fake the overhead after the teleport and just land and go the the low b3.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
If he teleports behind you u have to move forward if he teleport infront of you u have to move backwards. Also a good shinnok would often fake the overhead after the teleport and just land and go the the low b3.
If he teleports behind you, your facing should change and it will be a backstep but I'm pretty sure you can buffer it?
And yes, that's a mindgame, too. You have to guess. :)

If he teleports behind you, your facing should change and it will be a backstep but I'm pretty sure you can buffer it?
And yes, that's a mindgame, too. You have to guess. :)
A simple forward dash will beat it wether its front teleport or back teleport but u can'T whiff punish it cuz he rocvery as soon has he touches the floor and ur forward dash won't recover fast enough. a uppercut 14% damage is more than enough to keep them from doing it. If ur playing some1 with a fast NJP like quan chi u can full combo punish it.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I tested with Johnny Cage, Sub Zero, Kung Jin and Kano and was seemingly able to punish his teleport at any height, punch or kick, on reaction with a NJP. If this is true for the rest of the cast then Shinnok's teleport is completely worthless offline. Online it might still be ok.

Sidenote finding: Punishing with d2 is a bill. It only works at certain heights with some characters. It seems that the higher up Shinnok is, the harder it is to punish with a standing normal like d2. The lower he put out the teleport, the easier it became to destroy him with a standing normal.