What's new

How to punish KL's teleport?

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Uppercut usually does the trick for me. Right when you see him go into the teleport animation, uppercut. Its simple, hard to miss, and a nice 12%. Easiest thing you can do, not necessarily the most damaging.

NKZero

Noob
are you sure you can do this on reaction, and not anticipation?
not reliably if Kung Lao can keep unpredictable with teleports. but yeah if you actually scout the teleport you can react to it and do the punish like that...

Ex shocker,superman,teleport(if you want escape),uppercut,b312,d1 shocker...raiden have many option to punish KL tele...

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Backdash into b312 shocker b31 superman
Yeah, I've been trying to do exactly this when I read a teleport, but if KL finishes off a string with teleport I don't have the time to back dash, ya know?

can you not get a 334 after shocker?
Yeah. Or f2, VC, b3, superman.

If its an insta 3 then you can d1 shocker into whatever.
Yeah I've been trying to do it, but I believe my timing is little off. Online is shit we all know this and that's where I've been practicing lately.

Anyways thanks all. :)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You can backdash all KL teleports, the only ones you cant backdash are when he teles after a knockdown, in that case you can tech roll

underoath85

Let there be thunder
I do like Choas says. Except, after dwn 1 I like to f2, shocker, as f2 can catch them closer to the ground. If you have trouble nailing 3,3,4 after shocker I would go for dwn 1, f2, shocker, f2, v. blast, b1, superman.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I do like Choas says. Except, after dwn 1 I like to f2, shocker, as f2 can catch them closer to the ground. If you have trouble nailing 3,3,4 after shocker I would go for dwn 1, f2, shocker, f2, v. blast, b1, superman.
Do you have to dash between d1 and f2~shocker? Or can you just do f2 after d1 and the f2~shocker still connects?

underoath85

Let there be thunder
If your dwn 1 catches them high in their jump, you barely have to dash at all. Because of the properties of f2 you don't have to dash as far and your chances of shocker whiffing are reduced, considerably.
EDIT: In the combo that I listed above, I meant to say b3, into superman.....oops.