What's new

How to punish KLs Ex-Teleport

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Noticed that most players dont know what to do against this move and usually just jump away from it. But theres a better answer for it.

When you see that his teleport is Ex dash into him and you'll go through him so his back is facing you, by this time he loses armour and his attacks will go the wrong way, he cant instant 3 because he has to come through the ground twice, and even if he does its facing the wrong way.

Simple. Hasn't failed on me yet, unless any other KL player has a way of making it not work. But it pretty much makes his Ex tele useless and he spends a bar so that the opponent gets a free combo on him.

Then you can just punish him with your AA combo of choice e.g. Cage players can B3, Rain players can 1 -> bubble uppercut etc etc.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think you'd need the reflexes of a cat to know that an Ex version is coming out and punish it. <.<
Thats true, but if you do see it will you just walk straight into him or will you walk through him and have him standing there throwing out normals?

Damn it Foxy, you suck so much right now. :mad:
I get bored of watching people being dominated by a move that sucks lol, I think its still possible to use his Ex tele after a knockdown though.

I can never do his Extele though so I completely ignore it from my game lol :p

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I suppose that's true. Plus if you misread and it's a normal teleport you'll just be walking backwards away from him.

gdf

Noob
I get bored of watching people being dominated by a move that sucks lol, I think its still possible to use his Ex tele after a knockdown though.

I can never do his Extele though so I completely ignore it from my game lol :p
Now they know how bad it currently is, might as well just treat it as a mix-up with regular teleport. Conditioning the opponent to punish regular teleport. And playing at Perfect Legend's lightning fast speed that Kung Lao is capable of.

But yeah, the abusability of people not knowing how to punish it is fun. lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I am going to mess with this and 214 bomb with Smoke today if I get some time. I hate fighting KL so anything helps. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Another great tip for rain players

Tele = ex RH or d1 4 3 bubble etc......

Ex tele = 4 ex RH

Using 4 or 2 ex RH works for late 3s that delays Lao armor

FOXY: have u tried this w different characters seeing how their dash speed r different?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Now they know how bad it currently is, might as well just treat it as a mix-up with regular teleport. Conditioning the opponent to punish regular teleport. And playing at Perfect Legend's lightning fast speed that Kung Lao is capable of.

But yeah, the abusability of people not knowing how to punish it is fun. lol
Its not a mixup though, soon as you see the meter go you have ages to react
Have only done it with the characters I use ATM (Cage, Sonya, KL, Baraka, Raiden, Shang)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Jumping away isn't that bad of a "punish".

They blew a precious meter for literally nothing

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
To be honest your good either way. This is excellent because if you misread the Ex version you still back dash away from Lao. Either way you escape or full punish a teleport. Nice stuff foxy

This sounds really good, but at high level play I'd rather jump away, be safe, and grin that Lao blew his meter for nothing

Ah nevermind, I read j360's post now and it makes sense, supposing you dash anticipating an EX you still dash away from Lao if he does a regular one. Jesus this is good shit, thanks alot foxy.

the problem is when it is used unexpected, nobody ex teleports during footsies anymore. most of the time kung lao players make you commit, and regular teleport is better than most people think, if you wait for the ex version everytime youre gonna eat a lot of chipdamage from the instant 3 normal version, nice find though

gdf

Noob
Its not a mixup though, soon as you see the meter go you have ages to react
Have only done it with the characters I use ATM (Cage, Sonya, KL, Baraka, Raiden, Shang)
I know it's not a legit mix-up, but more like a mind game tactic.
I guess now it seems impractical, next hotfix for Mortal Kombat, NRS makes it a tracking move trollface.jpg.

I will be using this as sub now :) Quick question how easy is this? and when do you dash when he tele's in front of you or before he appears?