What's new

Guide How to never get caught punishing Air Venom

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Noticed people still fall for the old "do air venom, MB it as he trys to punish it and blow him up for full combo" thing.

Here's how to blow it up.

Air Venom on block is -35, it is also -17/18 as soon as he lands.

Air Venom MB is -16 on block but you won't be blocking it, it's -17 as well when he lands which is on whiff.

Basically, MB Air Venom will always catch you if you're blocking with back even if he MBs it because you'll be walking right into his divekick.

What you should be doing is pressing down after blocking the air venom on reaction and waiting for Doomsday's pants to go over your head when he MBs it, after that you are completely safe from his divekick's hitbox and can punish him with your best punisher. If he doesn't do MB you'll notice it or if you're slow he'll just drop down and still be -17 when he touches the ground.

Some characters like Aquaman, Harley or Green Arrow just B3 as soon as they block the air venom and hit both the normal and ex on their recovery.

TLDR Block low after air venom, wait to see if EX is coming, if it's not, you're still punishing him either way, no need to punish him ASAP since he's in huge ass - frames.

Expect more guides on random shit because when its 4 in the morning im bored.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Didn't even know this was a gimmick people used. I would always wait until he landed since that's how you get the most damage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Didn't even know this was a gimmick people used. I would always wait until he landed since that's how you get the most damage.
It's not that obvious that he's still horribly - even after he lands so just putting it out there.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's not that obvious that he's still horribly - even after he lands so just putting it out there.

One of the first things I tested was everyone's wake ups and this wake up was not "stuffable" up klose, that's probably why I knew. His only "unstuffable" wake up.