What's new

How to improve Pressure with Johnny?

Spencer

Always Training
Everytime Im using Johnny when I try mix ups and pressure I get stop pretty easily with someone like kitana's d1 and Mileena's d4. Also every characters d3 stops it any TIPS??

DanX4

Noob
The only thing I can tell you is to try to mix your strings around, so don't use the same "order" when you pressure. Not only that, but also don't finish your strings at the same point everytime either, so you can do f3,3,b3 once to get them to respect that last hit, then maybe just do f3,3 followed by say d3, then another f3,3,b3. Same goes with 2,1. So basically use different strings and don't get predictable. Not sure if this was the answer you wanted...

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I have this problem as well, I don't know how you're supposed to fool an intelligent player to get hit by a B3, F4 or 21F2 but I suppose that isn't the point of JC's gameplay. Gotta chip 'em to death. Just wish he had maybe one decent low option besides d3 and d4? 21B4 is an option but it doesn't give frame advantage on block like the vast majority of his strings, so the usefulness of this is pretty questionable.

Wish the character had a half decent mixup but ah well.

The only string that gives advantage is 11F1. Ex force ball also gives advantage. Everything is either neutral of disadvantage. F33 is -4 and I'd never recommend doing that. I personally wouldn't use 21B4 either because I'd much rather condition them to block high with 21F2, then go for ex force ball traps.

You can't expect to win a whole round on just chip and mind games. Go for throws to keep your opponent on their toes. Learn to play footsies; JC B3 and standing 1 are both very good anti-airs into nut punch combo. Ex nut punch has lots of forward movement and has invincibility on start up. Fucking invincibility. I'm honestly surprised NRS hasn't patched it out. Shadow kick is 8 frames, as fast as Raiden's superman. D1 anti air also works.

Only strings I ever use now for pressure are F3 and 21. 11's good too but it's a high and not as reliable, and F4 is another normal to use to keep your opponent on their toes.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
Try to use D1 for pressure most likely it will stuff anything your opponent has to throw at you. Also F3 hits special mid so you can hit a crouching opponent.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Try to use D1 for pressure most likely it will stuff anything your opponent has to throw at you. Also F3 hits special mid so you can hit a crouching opponent.
The problem with D1 is that its actually really easy to accidentally do a dick punch.

D3 is the way to go IMO.

DanX4

Noob
Yeah, like Playpal said, I like to play a lot of footsies with Cage. As for pressure, how about also doing a 1, then a 2, then maybe a f3 (or in any order), I like to sometimes throw a couple of these in there before doing a full string, maybe I'll get lucky and get them to let go of block, it will even get them in a juggle if they try to jump out of the way.