What's new

Question How to get in?

I don't understand how to get in as shazam. Its quite frustrating when people just spend the whole round backing up from me and shooting projectiles. My friend told me that if you block a projectile(no matter which projectile) you can dash in for free. Is that true? If so, how come I can't do it?

Like, I am being zoned out by any character with a projectile that hits mid. I find it hard for me to act sometimes because I fear getting hit by their projectile. Especially characters like scorpion, batman, batgirl whoever projectiles they can combo off of.

Any advice on how to get in? I don't know why they don't put armor on atlas torpedo...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Armor on torpedo, LOL. Good one,

You're probably reacting slowly. Most projectiles from a distance might need you to walk your way forwards, but closer in you can dash right in their face and start pressuring.

Armor on torpedo, LOL. Good one,

You're probably reacting slowly. Most projectiles from a distance might need you to walk your way forwards, but closer in you can dash right in their face and start pressuring.
Its so hard for me to stay in also. I feel like I have to spend more meter staying in than actually dealing damage. For example, I burn a lot of meter on armored F3's and B3's

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Its so hard for me to stay in also. I feel like I have to spend more meter staying in than actually dealing damage. For example, I burn a lot of meter on armored F3's and B3's
You should be shaving your meter for his grabs to get your damage. He's got some pretty nasty situations he can put you in too.

Staying in requires good reads. Guess where they'll block and try to open them up.

You should be shaving your meter for his grabs to get your damage. He's got some pretty nasty situations he can put you in too.

Staying in requires good reads. Guess where they'll block and try to open them up.
I try to incorporate the grab a lot but most people just shit out a wakeup attack and call it a day. I block the wake ups sometimes but then I don't know how to punish. I don't even try to grab people when I knock them down because of the damn wake up attacks and shazams grab cannot stuff wake up attacks obviously.

SZSR

Noob
Try to walk in/do single dashes, instead. And learn the recovery frames of moves, like blocking Deathstroke's forward machine gun lets you dash in freely but low gun shots you're more prone to get shot out of the dash.

When you guard the wakeup attacks, try doing 2,2. If they block it they only have a few seconds to dash out of your follow up grab.

Also for using Mercury Storm, you have to make a read, if you ever played Smoke in MK9, it's the same risk you take. So you need to learn a lot about your opponents holes.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I'm trying to pick Shazam up after learning how to HM on a good and reliable enough basis.

Just dash block. Dash... block. Shazam has a great dash so feel free to abuse it. B2 travels a great deal way too.

If your opponent doesn't have strong projectiles you can chuck a few of your own to get them to block low and then surprise them with an AT.

Shawi

Noob
I don't understand how to get in as shazam. Its quite frustrating when people just spend the whole round backing up from me and shooting projectiles. My friend told me that if you block a projectile(no matter which projectile) you can dash in for free. Is that true? If so, how come I can't do it?

Like, I am being zoned out by any character with a projectile that hits mid. I find it hard for me to act sometimes because I fear getting hit by their projectile. Especially characters like scorpion, batman, batgirl whoever projectiles they can combo off of.

Any advice on how to get in? I don't know why they don't put armor on atlas torpedo...
Simple answer is -"it's tough". I sometimes go an entire game and if their zoning is good, I won't get in. But a word of advice is, if you get in, stay in. Also make sure that when you finish a round after getting in, try and finish it in the corner so the game doesn't throw them to the other side of the screen. If you still find it tough, pick a different character for such match-ups.