What's new

Question How to Fix Ares's Wakeup Options?

I made this thread so that the Ares mains could discuss how to improve his wakeup options since this is the number one buff he needs. So, any ideas?

I think the startup on Godsmack on wakeup should be shorter, and the hitbox for Godsmack in general should hit equally on both sides of Ares. Also, his teleport on wakeup should have faster startup as well.

snort

Noob
Here is my post from the other Ares buff thread:

Decrease the recovery time after using his axe. (This should be priority over anything else)
Better invisibility on wakeup for teleport and godsmack.
Godsmack hit range should be covered BEHIND Ares as it is in front of him!
Faster dash or increasing dash travel distance. (Back and foward)

Thats it.

4x4lo8o

Noob
[quote="snort, post: 1057254, member: 11647" ]
Decrease the recovery time after using his axe. (This should be priority over anything else)
Better invisibility on wakeup for teleport and godsmack.[/quote]

What does 'better invincibility' entail?

And which recovery after axe are you talking about? Trait recharge time, or how fast he can move after throwing it?

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Wannabe - that would make godsmack way too powerful

snort - not sure what you're snorting but i'll take some

I assume they didn't give godsmack wakeup invincibility because they thought it would be too powerful, so I doubt anything will change in that regard. Teleport was therefore the only other option to give wakeup invincibility to. This is good against morons or people trying to zone you on wakeup, but not much else. Zoners can bait the teleport, and everyone else can either jumping attack or if they're really fast, get off more than a few normals or chains to track teleport or blow up mb godsmack.

This is why I always mentioned a defensive teleport (ala Shazam) instead of the teleport in front of opponent. Defensive teleport would give him a wakeup option against jump-ins and fast rushdown. It would not be free because it would lose to zoning or longer range moves (batman grapple, flash headbutt etc). So both players still have to make the proper reads. The problem as it stands now is that Ares' opponent doesn't have to make any reads.