What's new

Video/Tutorial - Venomous How to fight D'Vorah

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Also something not mentioned in the video is that you can armor through her F112 string which leads into her frame trap. Hell you can even backdash if you wanted.
Uh... If you can armor through her F112 string, wouldn't the AI automatically do it when they're set to reversal? I'm pretty sure that F112 doesn't have any gaps.

D'Vorah is a prime example of a good character that folks won't understand is fair unless they bother to learn the matchup. She has gaps that are all punishable. She has setups and stuff she does that look like combos that are not combos in actuality. Some of her stuff looks like its high and it is not.

Basically she is a fast, tool filled combo character and its overwhelming folks new to the matchup. However she is not in fact a "Green Arrow" who will likely become mid to low tier upon learning the matchup because she has ways if she makes reads to not get punished all day. The thing is a good character is not weak if it requires proper reads to avoid punishes on their stuff and likewise a good cahracter is not too good because "if they read right" they can stuff a punish. She is simply a good character that rewards players for good reads and good play without making it too rough to try and get started.

You want characters to be good and you want them to be fair and have things that are punishable but require both parties to be trying to make reads to either punish or avoid. She's built perfect. I hope folks don't complain on her too much because I see her as a prime example of whats good in this game.
That was poetry to my ears. Couldn't have said it better myself.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Uh... If you can armor through her F112 string, wouldn't the AI automatically do it when they're set to reversal? I'm pretty sure that F112 doesn't have any gaps.

That was poetry to my ears. Couldn't have said it better myself.
F112 has a gap, check it out. You can armor in between the the last 1and 2. I have no idea why the AI don't armor through though.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I need to find some good D"Vorah players then. Because I blow them the fuck up with Kung Lao. And i knew she couldn't be that bad.

Cool video thanks Bee.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
When you see the 2 coming you can armor. I worded it wrong previously
I have never been able to do it. I literally sat in training mode with Tempest Kung Lao for 20 minutes. I could not get EX Hatspin for the life of me. There's a Reversal window, so I should not be missing the gap.

Who broke through f112? It might be character specific.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I have never been able to do it. I literally sat in training mode with Tempest Kung Lao for 20 minutes. I could not get EX Hatspin for the life of me. There's a Reversal window, so I should not be missing the gap.

Who broke through f112? It might be character specific.
Everyone I tried so far. Reptile, Sonya, Sub Zero, Mileena, I'm sure the entire cast can. Like I said I probably worded it wrong, so during the F112 animation you can armor the last hit. Backdash works too.

Espio

Kokomo
Everyone I tried so far. Reptile, Sonya, Sub Zero, Mileena, I'm sure the entire cast can. Like I said I probably worded it wrong, so during the F112 animation you can armor the last hit. Backdash works too.
Don't you not have internet access on your console? Maybe it was released in a patch that removed the gap and thus nobody else is able to experience this anymore? I dunno just a theory.

Video wouldn't hurt either.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Don't you not have internet access on your console? Maybe it was released in a patch that removed the gap and thus nobody else is able to experience this anymore? I dunno just a theory.

Video wouldn't hurt either.
That may be true. Yea I don't have the update that was 3 gb. It might have been patched out, especially if I'm the only one doing it. Sorry guys.

Ill give this a look when i have time. Never fought dvorah a single time yet.... but i did want to stop when i saw bojutsu kj. He can fight anyone. Lol

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So venomous and brood mother are irrelevant. The risk reward in venomous sucks and the damage off her mix ups in brood mother is terrible. Swarm queen has no holes. No weaknesses. F112 bug cancel is a 100% air tight free 50/50. There is no gap to armor. F112 cancel on block into f22 or b1 is 100% guaranteed. You must guess and if you guess wrong you eat 29% off the low and either 31%, 39%, or like 48% off the overhead depending on if they use no meter, 1 bar, or 1 bar with a really hard combo. Also f112~cancel, f112~cancel, f112~ex ovipositor is garunteed 11% block string. Basically that is trident rush but unsafe. She also has some of the best oki in the game. People were complaining about kung Jins f3 stuffing wake ups. D'Vorah can use b12 to stuff most armored wake ups like kung Jin. The difference is, she doesn't have to make a separate guess. Her low option covers most armored wake ups. If you delay wakeup, you must guess on a 50/50 because f112 will be blocked. Also she can just do raw 50/50 on knockdown anyway.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So venomous and brood mother are irrelevant. The risk reward in venomous sucks and the damage off her mix ups in brood mother is terrible. Swarm queen has no holes. No weaknesses. F112 bug cancel is a 100% air tight free 50/50. There is no gap to armor. F112 cancel on block into f22 or b1 is 100% guaranteed. You must guess and if you guess wrong you eat 29% off the low and either 31%, 39%, or like 48% off the overhead depending on if they use no meter, 1 bar, or 1 bar with a really hard combo. Also f112~cancel, f112~cancel, f112~ex ovipositor is garunteed 11% block string. Basically that is trident rush but unsafe. She also has some of the best oki in the game. People were complaining about kung Jins f3 stuffing wake ups. D'Vorah can use b12 to stuff most armored wake ups like kung Jin. The difference is, she doesn't have to make a separate guess. Her low option covers most armored wake ups. If you delay wakeup, you must guess on a 50/50 because f112 will be blocked. Also she can just do raw 50/50 on knockdown anyway.
What's the 29% off of B1?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If people paid attention to my option select poking tech on block they would have zero problems with Venomous Dvorah.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
She is such a great character

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
B1~bug cancel, 212~puddle, f34, b12~air throw. This goes up to 32% I think in the corner. B1 cancel, 212 puddle, f44, 21u3 air throw does like 32-34% in the corner.
If you do b1, WC, 212 xx db1, f44, run, b12+dThrow its 32% midscreen, 33% if you start with f22