What's new

Video/Tutorial - Venomous How to fight D'Vorah

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
honeybee why do you sound like youre on the verge of suicide? its ok man. Your characters going to get nerfed and you can't do dick about it.

The answer to fighting d'vorah is to mash shoryuken...got it!!!

Yeah swarm queen probably needs to take a hit on its damage, but how could they do it without hurting her other 2 variations?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So venomous and brood mother are irrelevant. The risk reward in venomous sucks and the damage off her mix ups in brood mother is terrible. Swarm queen has no holes. No weaknesses. F112 bug cancel is a 100% air tight free 50/50. There is no gap to armor. F112 cancel on block into f22 or b1 is 100% guaranteed. You must guess and if you guess wrong you eat 29% off the low and either 31%, 39%, or like 48% off the overhead depending on if they use no meter, 1 bar, or 1 bar with a really hard combo. Also f112~cancel, f112~cancel, f112~ex ovipositor is garunteed 11% block string. Basically that is trident rush but unsafe. She also has some of the best oki in the game. People were complaining about kung Jins f3 stuffing wake ups. D'Vorah can use b12 to stuff most armored wake ups like kung Jin. The difference is, she doesn't have to make a separate guess. Her low option covers most armored wake ups. If you delay wakeup, you must guess on a 50/50 because f112 will be blocked. Also she can just do raw 50/50 on knockdown anyway.
If you go for the 50/50 after f112-wasp cancel and the opponent guesses right, can you cancel into wasp to continue pressure or do you have to commit?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
If you go for the 50/50 after f112-wasp cancel and the opponent guesses right, can you cancel into wasp to continue pressure or do you have to commit?
Depends. You can hit confirm f22 bug cancel so you don't need to commit. B1 might be hit confirmable. Both are safe on block. Like -4 if done perfectly

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Depends. You can hit confirm f22 bug cancel so you don't need to commit. B1 might be hit confirmable. Both are safe on block. Like -4 if done perfectly
So even if they guess right, they might not be out of the woods.

So do f22 and b1 carry the same uninterruptable advantage as f112?

Even if you are safe and -4, my thinking is that at that point it could be your opponent's "turn." You can't be punished but they could poke or throw or backdash.

But of course being so low in - frames means that you get to make your reads as well.

Sounds tough, man.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Increasing the EX Wasp damage scaling? Idk haha
Yeah the only thing I can really think of is that, and/or somehow nerfing the damage scaling on multiple f44s in a combo in sq only. Should stay the same if its just one f44 though. Either way they're gonna do something, just hope its not something stupid.

I think b1 might be, but its something you'd really have to focus on in practice. At the very least when done fast enough with b1 cancels on block, I'm pretty sure you can just do 21 instead of finishing the string and its completely safe

Blind_Ducky

Yeah the only thing I can really think of is that, and/or somehow nerfing the damage scaling on multiple f44s in a combo in sq only. Should stay the same if its just one f44 though. Either way they're gonna do something, just hope its not something stupid.

I think b1 might be, but its something you'd really have to focus on in practice. At the very least when done fast enough with b1 cancels on block, I'm pretty sure you can just do 21 instead of finishing the string and its completely safe
I'm hitting my b1 cancels with near 100% consistency, including online. I feel like there's a very good chance it is hit confirmable. I've been doing these for a couple weeks. Imagine where it'll be by EVO or in 6 months. Doing b1 cancel into 21 isn't safe because they can just interrupt it after the b1.
So even if they guess right, they might not be out of the woods.

So do f22 and b1 carry the same uninterruptable advantage as f112?

Even if you are safe and -4, my thinking is that at that point it could be your opponent's "turn." You can't be punished but they could poke or throw or backdash.

But of course being so low in - frames means that you get to make your reads as well.

Sounds tough, man.
F22 bug cancel and b1 bug cancel are about -3 or -4 on block. It's the opponents turn to do something at that point.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I'm hitting my b1 cancels with near 100% consistency, including online. I feel like there's a very good chance it is hit confirmable. I've been doing these for a couple weeks. Imagine where it'll be by EVO or in 6 months. Doing b1 cancel into 21 isn't safe because they can just interrupt it after the b1.

F22 bug cancel and b1 bug cancel are about -3 or -4 on block. It's the opponents turn to do something at that point.
Could've sworn b1 wcs on block were safe, but yeah just checked and you're right. Well I guess its time to practice hit confirming it. I have my consistency with it on lockdown too, so I guess thats the next step with it.

Blind_Ducky

Could've sworn b1 wcs on block were safe, but yeah just checked and you're right. Well I guess its time to practice hit confirming it. I have my consistency with it on lockdown too, so I guess thats the next step with it.
B1 cancels are safe on block. It is -3 or -4.
I worded that other reply poorly. B1 cancel into 21 on block is interruptible.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Who are these imaginary people complaining about Venomous?

Have they not fought a Swarm Queen yet? That's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Who are these imaginary people complaining about Venomous?

Have they not fought a Swarm Queen yet? That's the only logical conclusion I can come to.
Most of the time people complain about the chip damage on bug spray, until I tell them the whole thing is punishable. Then they dont find it as broke lol.

I find quite amusing alot of ppl don't know this MU. But it's even more amusing how those ppl react after getting stung by a 212~ex db1~njp~f22~venomous ovi punish for the first time. I remember my first wasp sting (ouch!) ..Never again

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Yeah what is with this "Bug Spray is plus on block"? You should've seen my face when I punished it with Roll from all angles. I wonder what else is incorrect out there.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@Blind_Ducky you're breaking my heart. Venemous isn't "irrelevant". I know it doesn't have the rushdown damage like Swarm Queen, but it's a different play style. I find a couple of poison pokes into an 18% throw very satisfying. EX bug spray on block to end a match. And the meter you build is wonderful too. I also find Spray very useful as a footsies tool when you're anticipating jump ins or advancing attacks, and it breaks armor as well. The ability to reset standing in combos is nice too. Glad to see you're playing her too though. I hope you destroy everyone. Any tournaments coming up?

@HoneyBee Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna show it to my guys here because a few of them just lose bad.

skater11

The saltiest
Her pokes are ridiculously good in range and dmg. I find myself having to corner Dvorah to open her up. Atleast from the online matches I've played. Haven't played many. I find her easy to whiff punish and I feel like dvorah has little to no options once she hits the corner. But then again I'm mostly just an online player and probably not playing high level dvorahs.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
@Blind_Ducky you're breaking my heart. Venemous isn't "irrelevant". I know it doesn't have the rushdown damage like Swarm Queen, but it's a different play style. I find a couple of poison pokes into an 18% throw very satisfying. EX bug spray on block to end a match. And the meter you build is wonderful too. I also find Spray very useful as a footsies tool when you're anticipating jump ins or advancing attacks, and it breaks armor as well. The ability to reset standing in combos is nice too. Glad to see you're playing her too though. I hope you destroy everyone. Any tournaments coming up?

@HoneyBee Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna show it to my guys here because a few of them just lose bad.
He made those statements when the option select of mashing while blocking was still in the game. That made playing venomous very risky,.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Now that mashing out pokes while blocking has been removed. Venomous is very viable again.

Blind_Ducky

Yeah I know. I was doing all of that with venomous. The block mashing thing being gone made the risk reward go back to not being poop so this variation is fine. But swarm Queen is insanely busted and I have the bug cancels down pretty well so I see no reason to use it now. The reason I liked venomous was because its so simple and it easily flusters the opponent, especially because they're basically losing to pokes and throws and like 3 different normals. I'll be at combo breaker.