What's new

How to fight against Mileena

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
REO

can you explain why reptile and Lao can blow up the +5 sai trap off of ex tele when blocked high and +9 u4 ?

For example Lao and reptile blow up U4 to 4 2 setup

Also point out f3 1+2 is one of the worst strings ever created but can be used to end a combo and linked to telekick for cross up pressure

Also you can d1 poke into special her U4 when you see it - for example ermac d1 lift

FOR GOD SAKES listen to reo and stop blocking ex tele high

Also you can dash forward when you see her telekick and punish

Simply dash forward and she will fly past you

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
REO The only thing I see flawed about this, is if you get OTG B2, and they block, the distance is so far between you and the opponent it doesn't matter that you're at -5, it's pretty much at 0

REO

Undead
I'm doing these videos for every character in the game (including Kratos). The most it will be is 4 parts for a character and 2 parts being the minimum. I don't mind if others do them. The more videos the merrier.

REO

can you explain why reptile and Lao can blow up the +5 sai trap off of ex tele when blocked high and +9 u4 ?

For example Lao and reptile blow up U4 to 4 2 setup

Also point out f3 1+2 is one of the worst strings ever created but can be used to end a combo and linked to telekick for cross up pressure

Also you can d1 poke into special her U4 when you see it - for example ermac d1 lift

FOR GOD SAKES listen to reo and stop blocking ex tele high

Also you can dash forward when you see her telekick and punish

Simply dash forward and she will fly past you
These and a lot of other things are explained in the Part 2 video.

REO The only thing I see flawed about this, is if you get OTG B2, and they block, the distance is so far between you and the opponent it doesn't matter that you're at -5, it's pretty much at 0
Yes, but it's important players are aware that Mileena is at -5. This means moves like Sub Zero's d+4 come out at 3 frame, including Kenshi's shoulder. Most d+4s, moves with reach (cage f+3), advancing specials etc. will have to be blocked before Mileena can move.

NKZero

Noob
REO this is awesome stuff man thanks for taking the time out to do this! So am I right in thinking you've done Kabal and half of Mileena so far? Can't wait to see what you have for that asshole Kung Lao!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
REO Yeah you're right. It's insane how people still don't know what to do against Mileena, baffles me really.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I'm doing these videos for every character in the game (including Kratos). The most it will be is 4 parts for a character and 2 parts being the minimum. I don't mind if others do them. The more videos the merrier.
i wouldnt mind doing one for baraka,
some baraka players getting away with murder with certain things they do, much like mileena getting away with people not punishing the ex tele right, like no one is punishing d1/d3~slices or the spin like they should be

Mara

self proclaimed best harley quinn
going straight to my youtube favorites, thank you for posting this!

Somberness

Lights
You actually are at 0 after that B2, it's because it is hitting later than it would if your opponent was standing. :)
One thing to point out is never block the regular teleport low as it is only around -8 if they use a sai.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You actually are at 0 after that B2, it's because it is hitting later than it would if your opponent was standing. :)
One thing to point out is never block the regular teleport low as it is only around -8 if they use a sai.
See i thought this, i got confused

Ive never in my life had someone blow up b2 on block when i hit them as OTG

also one other thing: You land quicker if you do not sai from ex tele making it harder to blow up. Becomes a mix up game on its own merit