What's new

How to eliminate random jumps on controller?

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
I think I should post it here, since it is pretty basic, but still I have a problem with it.
So I'm using an Xbox360 controller and it's pad is pretty sensitive. So it happens that
during a cyrax combo for example a random jump just happens, and I know it's my fault that I push the jump axis,
but during a match wich is pretty tense I just do it accidentally, I'm in a rush or what.

I would like to know if you have any tips on how to eliminate these random jumps, a way to hold the controller,
or anything else.
What seemed to work for me this far is that I put my thumb to the down axis wich won't let that happen (it won't duck if I
push it on the tip) but in this case my finger slips from the pad many times and I drop the combo or other thing.
Any suggestions (besides get a hitbox?)

Thank you in advance.

Justice

Noob
I'd suggest waiting on the Hitbox anyway until there's an official ruling about their use in tournaments.

You're not going to like this, but really the best way to eliminate this is spending time in the lab doing the kombos over and over slowly to train your fingers how to do them right. Then turn on an Expert bot and try to excecute those kombos while "under pressure".

And don't be too hard on yourself. Even the best drop Kombos or mis-time a move occasionally.

Get rid of your Xbox 360 controller.
PS2 converters or even the Hori pad should do it.
If you already ordered a hitbox then just wait for it.