What's new

How to deal with RUNAWAY characters?

Sindel really has no way of getting in fast on "runaway" characters like noob, smoke, and kitana. The latter 2 being the worst.

She has good pressure and corner options but once these guys get away shes screwed. Add that to limited or no wakeup options and that makes her one hard character to master.

Any tips on taking these guys down when they are @ full screen? and whats a good and fast wakeup move to use against anyone?

Depends on which character is running away. They all have openings at points. Use fb more often against people who are running. If they have a teleport, exploit it's weaknesses and hit them as soon as they pop out. Most teleports you can hit them out of it or block it and punish.

well im talking about sindel and i dont wanna counterpic so im using sindel of course.

the hardest one is smoke. he can sit there in the corner tossing the smokebombs. If i FB he can do his counter, his hitting teleport etc. its pretty annoying. once i have him cornered he just teleports and jumps away. i guess patience is key. also you cant just jump at him when he wakes up because he wakes up with hit teleport as a get outta jail free card and counters sindel.

Diend

Noob
My friend mains Kitana and usually he tries to get on my face because Kitana's keep away does not beat Sindel's keep away. Usually when it comes to a zoning game, you can just levitate cancel multiple levitates for meter and mindgame Kitana into guessing wrong (i.e. throwing out a projectile or possibly X-Ray even to then just duck/low fireball.)

Teleport characters are annoying for me since I then have to be mindful about both my air and ground fireballs. Just practice baiting, and if it comes down to a spacing fireball game you win.