What's new

how to deal with raiden?

(1) low poke (d.3) his teleport on reaction - hard to do online
(2) jump, and if you do close dive kick while he is teleporting, it will auto-correct and hit him
(3) keep a close Ice Bomb on screen as much as possible, and stand right on it or slightly in front of it

Basically, you have to have no hesitation and you have to read your opponent. If he teleports as you're inputting the motion for Ice Ball or something, you are just screwed and you'll eat a combo, there's nothing you can do. Raiden is not impossible to deal with, although it may seem so in a laggy environment.

VRbrada

Noob
the think is that raiden is a noob fighter!sadly!cause with the slight lag on online mk raiden becomes a real god!his @#$% teleport with lag its unstopable the only think you can do is jump like crazy!with not lag though his teleport can be counter!thats why all the noobs on online take raiden and all of them do the same 3 staff!teleport combo fly!pfffff!and they think they are good on mk!but when they pick someone else fighter they just dont stop losing so they stuck to play only raiden and when this folks play on versus and not on internet they suck @#$% well they deserve it!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Don't bother throwing out iceball at Raiden. Block and punish is the best. Raiden players hate nothing more than people who play defense. B3, 2, 1 is now -1 on block so they will still try to check you w/Superman. You can block B3, 2, 1 and D1/D3 them to start your 2, 1 pressure. This matchup requires patience and baiting out supermans

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I find Ermac, Smoke and Kung Lao seem to give Raiden a tough time. While he's good against everyone, I've found that being patient and anticipating his teleport is key. Also, too often his Superman is spammed randomly block it and punish him...

If you let a Raiden player zone you, you'll have no chance. So many times I've seen people just stand still in fear of not knowing what he's going to do next.

Ice Parry the gaps in his 2 main strings 3,3,4 and b+3,1,2.

3,3(can parry)4

b+3(can parry)1(can parry)2

Once he's scared to finish the combos, he will start supermaning where you would parry (superman wins btw). Then it's a 50/50 on whether you will parry or block.

I also like to option select sweep/slide on raiden. I do f,b+4 but you need to play with the timing or you'll do the sweep to early and get punished.

It's a crap match regardless.

I've never had problems keeping up with Raiden in a match, The only times I've ever lost have involved lag or stupid mistakes on my end. The match-up is definitely not in Cyber-Sub's favor at tournament level, but he is not unbeatable at all in casual or mid-level matches.

Don't bother throwing out iceball at Raiden. Block and punish is the best. Raiden players hate nothing more than people who play defense. B3, 2, 1 is now -1 on block so they will still try to check you w/Superman. You can block B3, 2, 1 and D1/D3 them to start your 2, 1 pressure. This matchup requires patience and baiting out supermans
Tough to play against Raiden defensively when they know how to use F2,4 and vicinity blast.