What's new

How to deal with Green Lantern's b13 Universally

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
Oh yes. There's a very large gap, much larger than B13, in B12. Most characters, if not all, can actually D1 combo punish it. The gap's that big.
You got to keep in mind that People with short backdashes (such as Batgirl and the joker) will get hit by the second hit of b12 because it will still reach them.

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
That accent is gdlk. The way you say parry is awesome lol
Lol ;_; and my gf was like "can you stop with the [aaammm...ammmm...ammm] lol..." anyways I need some KF exp :(

I already said this elsewhere, but this doesn't apply to Ares players...
yup :(

Lol Project <3 Your voice sounds so different when you speak Spanish! Thanks for sharing i will start doing this shit against thatgreen bitch :)
I was sick ... :(

can joker parry this?
The timing is REALLY strict...but yea.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I knew about being able to parry the 3 after a blocked 1 with Batman, but I never thought about back dashing. After dinner I'm going to test this out with Joker. It's looks like after back dashing I can come in with a F232. Cool stuff man.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Can we officially add this to the amount of situations in which you have to guess in this game now?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You need to face Rebelo or DJT before concurring the matchup. Rebelo plays the Batman vs Lanturn matchup so well that it almost looks like it's Lanturn's favor. I def don't think Batman wins

I was half-joking with the 6-4 thing...but I dunno, it kinda looks like Batman can sort of outzone Green Lantern and reign supreme in the up-close game simply because he exploits the loopholes in Lantern's main strings so well. Not that he's the only character who can do this, though, and a patient Lantern will be working to make reads that are just as effective as Batman's can be. Personally, I never feel threatened by a Lantern unless the player behind him knows his stuff.

I've been hearing great things about Rebelo and I remember DJT seizing second place at EVO (in Injustice), so I have not a doubt that they can demonstrate godlike control of the character.

187x

Noob
You need to face Rebelo or DJT before concurring the matchup. Rebelo plays the Batman vs Lanturn matchup so well that it almost looks like it's Lanturn's favor. I def don't think Batman wins
I think b4 patch was 5-5. But now after patch i think its 6-4 GL.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I parry in-between Green Lantern's b1 2 and b1 3 strings as Batman, and if he goes for b1 2, I interrupt with a six-frame jab before the second hit.

6-4 Batman. :D
Yea you were the first Batman to do that to me when we played. It's a real ball breaker lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I have been parrying this with KF forever but I didn't know you could backdash it actually. I guess her parry spoils me at times...

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im surprised people only know about this now, you can alos Super between

BA use to be able black magic df1 punish it, but since the Nerf he cant

Plus he can check your BD with b1,2

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Spaced b13 leaves a smaller gap between the hits. Pretty sure backdash doesn't work here.

Spaced b13 leaves a smaller gap between the hits. Pretty sure backdash doesn't work here.
You're right if it's spaced. Like a maxed range or a little within max range of B1 into 3. From point blank range, however, there's a lot of characters who can.