What's new

How to deal with Green Lantern's b13 Universally

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I remember when I first tried to parry it with Joker...took me ages to get it out a couple of times, very hard timing; don't think we'll see much of this in tournaments unless people really want to risk getting combo'ed and then visit 50/50 town.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I parry in-between Green Lantern's b1 2 and b1 3 strings as Batman, and if he goes for b1 2, I interrupt with a six-frame jab before the second hit.

6-4 Batman. :D
I play a guy who used to try to abuse that all the time.

Raw B1, wait for cape to go up, full combo punish

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
B1 xx MB Rocket. Punishes parry and backdash but can be ducked and whiff punished.

B1 xx lift, same thing but -1927368 on block

By rocket, I assume you mean Oa's Rocket or the Close Rocket? Because I can't interrupt the first, but can forward-dash the second for a punish.

As for B1 Lift, man, I hate getting caught by that. :(

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
By rocket, I assume you mean Oa's Rocket or the Close Rocket? Because I can't interrupt the first, but can forward-dash the second for a punish.

As for B1 Lift, man, I hate getting caught by that. :(
Yeah Oa's rocket. I'm not a huge fan of b1xx Oas rocket because of the atrocious whiff recovery but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

Also can batman punish max range B1? I don't think any of his faster normals can punish it as long as it's spaced out correctly. Maybe with bats I guess

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yeah Oa's rocket. I'm not a huge fan of b1xx Oas rocket because of the atrocious whiff recovery but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

Also can batman punish max range B1? I don't think any of his faster normals can punish it as long as it's spaced out correctly. Maybe with bats I guess

Max range? Good question. Maybe his d1 or b1 will work, I'll have to test that.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I parry in-between Green Lantern's b1 2 and b1 3 strings as Batman, and if he goes for b1 2, I interrupt with a six-frame jab before the second hit.

GL players still think its 5-5 :(

also why is there a video about how to beat 1 string from an upper mid tier character?
i doubt GL is an issue for anyone aside from catwoman players lol

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Ashenar Kyle Rayner DJTMIT NRF Crimson Panther

I am curious to know if you agree with 5-5 or 6-4 advantage for Batman.
I honestly can't say that it's in favor or a 5-5 of any of the two characters. Generally Batman can thrive in certain spots for this match up as can lantern. I've had a mix view on this match up early on I thought it was terrible then lately I don't feel it's to bad I guess it's really a coin flip of sorts. I am up for playing whatever batman main's would like to play so I can gain further experience in this match up.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
You may have mentioned this, however I still want to ask.
Can the Green Lantern do lift when he notices the second hit misses?
Naw, man. He'd have to lift off of a cancelled Back + 1.
But, the game might register your back-dash as a back block in that situation, if you're lucky enough.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

You need to face Rebelo or DJT before concurring the matchup. Rebelo plays the Batman vs Lanturn matchup so well that it almost looks like it's Lanturn's favor. I def don't think Batman wins