What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kitana How to deal with good scorpions?

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
I am having extreme difficulty fighting competent scorpions. This is for players 65-70. I feel like my controller is unplugged in this match up, I cant go on the offense with out throwing the game instantly. And defense is playing a rock paper scissors block guessing game with somebody that throws out machine gun. with full screen mix ups and a pretty much safe teleport I have no idea how to advance.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I am having extreme difficulty fighting competent scorpions. This is for players 65-70. I feel like my controller is unplugged in this match up, I cant go on the offense with out throwing the game instantly. And defense is playing a rock paper scissors block guessing game with somebody that throws out machine gun. with full screen mix ups and a pretty much safe teleport I have no idea how to advance.
In an online environment? Turn off the game. That's how you deal with good scorpions online. Can't stand the character and the people who use him.

Zephyrus

First mistake. Punish EVERY Blocked teleport. Its negative enough to punish with most everything
it's not that easy to do online. You have to press buttons before you actually block. MKX netcode is... well let's say it's something

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
First mistake. Punish EVERY Blocked teleport. Its negative enough to punish with most everything
First mistake I said pretty much, yeah with perfect connection you can punish it, but again im not playing teleport spamming low level scorps, my point is that he has map control, also when you say first mistake you should follow it with another point...

Still play the zoning game. Don't use air fans because if it whiffs. He can teleport for a full punish. Any blocked teleport should be a 35-42% punish. Use f112 more in neutral game. His d4 is really good. If it's blocked, check him with a d1. Use your lift more in the mid range game (Royal Storm)

Zephyrus

Still play the zoning game. Don't use air fans because if it whiffs. He can teleport for a full punish. Any blocked teleport should be a 35-42% punish. Use f112 more in neutral game. His d4 is really good. If it's blocked, check him with a d1. Use your lift more in the mid range game (Royal Storm)
I don't think you guys are taking into account that in an online environment, when more often than not the quality of the connection is atrocious, you can't actually punish a lot of stuff after you block it. It's hard. What would be something that you had all the time in the world to punish, becomes something that seems safe.

Even his f+4 is hard to block on reaction. The character doesn't move as fast as your inputs and what seemed like a blocked f+4, turns out to be something that hit you.

All I'm seeing in this thread is people giving their opinion as if the TC is playing offline. Yeah, offline scorpion is unsafe as fuck. Online? The character is a monster that just makes the game not fun to play.

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
My main point wasn't to really focus on his one ability the teleport, it was the whole character. but fine my gripe with the port is, kung lao, melinna, jason,tayna,quan chi, shinnok, ermac, at high levels rarely port because they are def punishable hands down, only raiden and scorp can getaway with it fairly often. but i really didn't want to get hung up on one thing, also this isn't a rant.

I truly want advice.

I don't think you guys are taking into account that in an online environment, when more often than not the quality of the connection is atrocious, you can't actually punish a lot of stuff after you block it. It's hard. What would be something that you had all the time in the world to punish, becomes something that seems safe.

Even his f+4 is hard to block on reaction. The character doesn't move as fast as your inputs and what seemed like a blocked f+4, turns out to be something that hit you.

All I'm seeing in this thread is people giving their opinion as if the TC is playing offline. Yeah, offline scorpion is unsafe as fuck. Online? The character is a monster that just makes the game not fun to play.
I play in good connection. Im able to punish stuff. React to f4. Not all connection is like that. Yes online isn't offline at all. But things can still be punished online in good connection. I can't tell someone how to play the "online mu" I rather just tell them the offline mu. If that even makes sense

Maintain your distance unless you're playing against RISSSSEEEE. Bait teleports and punish heavily. Save meter to break vortex situations.

Remember that b12 and 21 are both plus on block, utilize these strings to keep pressure and add in the occasional throw.