What's new

Strategy How to deal with Aquaman's trait during Batgirl's vortex

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
What's Up guys!

I found a way to deal with Aquaman's trait during Batgirl's vortex. Thanks to @capnip_her0 (EMPEROR_HERO) for recording this.

I hope you like it! Enjoy it!

-Project

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's an interesting concept, but I don't think it will work. Most AM I pla against won't trait up until you get really close (or until the j2 or 111 hits) Even after the MB bola, there isn't enough advantage to go for the 50/50 and have it launch cause his trait still lingers.

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
It's an interesting concept, but I don't think it will work. Most AM I pla against won't trait up until you get really close (or until the j2 or 111 hits) Even after the MB bola, there isn't enough advantage to go for the 50/50 and have it launch cause his trait still lingers.
true. You have a point there... butt you gotta keep in mind that if he does the trait LATE you can, instead of MB it, go right for a b1 / b2

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
But if he does it late, my b1/b2 won't launch cause the second hit is mid.
and that's where you have to apply your mind game. If you try to do b2, after they do a late trait; you can always do a naked b2 and then trick them with a b2u3. Or just go for b1d3.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
and that's where you have to apply your mind game. If you try to do b2, after they do a late trait; you can always do a naked b2 and then trick them with a b2u3. Or just go for b1d3.
Yeah, usually I just go for d3/db33/grab when they're traited in the bola. You don't spend meter, get the hard knockdown and can continue pressure while he's wasted his trait.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You can actually mb the bola on reaction to the trait being on or off. So you can force them to activate trait pretty early in the bola. The reward isn't so great if you hit with mb bola though due to damage scaling. I don't think it's worth the meter tbh.

What I would do instead after bola is j2 into 12b2 or 12b3. This forces Aquaman to guess high/low and if he loses, he's in a hard knockdown with Batgirl nj2 mixups and no more trait. Aquaman can only block or dash out out of those shenanigans as his wakeups are awful, especially against attacks from above. If Aquaman successfully blocks the 12b2/12b3, batgirl is pretty safe at +1/-6 and didn't spend meter.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can actually mb the bola on reaction to the trait being on or off. So you can force them to activate trait pretty early in the bola. The reward isn't so great if you hit with mb bola though due to damage scaling. I don't think it's worth the meter tbh.

What I would do instead after bola is j2 into 12b2 or 12b3. This forces Aquaman to guess high/low and if he loses, he's in a hard knockdown with Batgirl nj2 mixups and no more trait. Aquaman can only block or dash out out of those shenanigans as his wakeups are awful, especially against attacks from above. If Aquaman successfully blocks the 12b2/12b3, batgirl is pretty safe at +1/-6 and didn't spend meter.
Huh, that's even better. That's kinda the same thing I go for with the d3, db33 but prolly more damage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I love doing MB bola into super....IN TRAINING MODE!

Yeah, usually I just go for d3/db33/grab when they're traited in the bola. You don't spend meter, get the hard knockdown and can continue pressure while he's wasted his trait.
Yeah this is the mixup I do for hard knockdowns and try to bait out a wakeup or go for the dash in neutral jump cross up.

I never thought of using these strings. That is really nice actually and I think excellent to mix into the trait meta game. Nice work!

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
A little late on this, but wouldn't a f3 or d3 mixup suffice too? Sure the f3 is a little slow on startup, but if you condition them to respect the overhead, you can then throw out hard knockdown sweeps for set ups. And the f3 launches on hit for another reset. BG is so random, it will catch people off guard.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
This will sound crazy and I know the vortex and mix-up game is the BnB of BG, but when I face AM I just go for doing a more hit and run tactic against him, thats just me, but I am going to try out some the wealth of ideas being thrown about in here.

I will say this never forget about the bat evade move and what it can, I see so many neglect that move when it can be used for a good amount mind games even with the when your facing Fish Boy...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
A little late on this, but wouldn't a f3 or d3 mixup suffice too? Sure the f3 is a little slow on startup, but if you condition them to respect the overhead, you can then throw out hard knockdown sweeps for set ups. And the f3 launches on hit for another reset. BG is so random, it will catch people off guard.
f3 is too slow. J3 and d3 is the mixup I used to go for. If j3 hits, d2~bf1 back into vortex.

Now I got for j2, 12b2/3 with chip trait on its decent and relitively plus.