What's new

Question - Impostor How to deal against teleport ? False frame data? and more...

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hi everyone, i didn't play my mains a lot but i learned to play all chars at correct level to know the frame data of all 50/50, strings, etc. At the moment i got 3 problems :
1. Impostor teleport, i think his NJP and NJK after teleport have same negative frames (around -3 to -5) like normal NJP and NJK, but when i block it he poke still faster than pokes with 7 frame start up. My cassie and jax uppercuts can't punish teleport correctly, 9/10 he punish my uppercut with NJP. And when i try to NJP when see him jump, it's like a frame trap, when i do NJP fast my char hit the wrong side because shinnok is behind me and some times shinnok NJP hit faster. It's a real problem for me.

2. Many people after NJP try to throw, all NJP in game are around -4 on block, so why when i try to poke with 7 start up poke a guy who is -4, he has time to throw me (throw around 10 frame start up), where is the logic ?

3. Punish Kung Lao teleport ? About this i think i just need to more practice because i know how to punish but still hard to react in a real match against a good KL

4. One thing i hate but it's game mechanic, in MK9 it's was pretty easy to make a cross up with D4, in MKX many chars touch even if we try to escape via D4, also in MK9 was pretty easy to punish most of footsies with NJP in MKX when i try to punish it, most of them (mid attacks) hit me in the air

Please help!

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
As an impostor main, I can guess that when youre jailed on the ground after a njp, you're getting low-profiled from the next poke, D4 for example will have your D2 punish whiff. Online, NJK>D4 is a blockstring. as far as the tracking goes for the actual teleport itself... Even when I get zoned out and throw out a braindead teleport, a neutral jumping enemy will whiff their NJP on me and i'll get the otg juggle awarded. Doesn't seem right, even to me, the winner of the exchange.
If you are playing online, add 8-24 frames of advantage to everything, simply adjust for now, and join the revolt against the shit netcode. Also, head into practice mode, go to record ai, and record the moves that you think are bullshit (be sure and hold block immediately afterwards) and then play it back against yourself, while trying to find ways to punish. MKX has a small buffer for reversal specials, and wonky input negation while jailed. Practice mode should sort it for you, or at least you'll know to stay covered up.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I use NJK with ferra torr as their NJP is slow and i find it imposible to time online unless i was airborne before they teleported. It will probably differ depending on the character as F/Ts NJK hits above them which is handy for this situation