What's new

How to counter Johnny Cage pressure?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
d4 gets eaten up by JK. I'm pretty sure Cage can JK deep enough to f3 xx nutpunch.

Cross over, just spam that down 4. When your opponent drops down, its gonna be the hitbox war and not a lot of characters have reptile's down 4 range. .And acid ball can work against cross up that is perform at the farthest distance, but up close jump over you can not. 1 way to counter cross over is by a good read of NJP.
Oh yeah trust me I definitely do that D4 on crossovers, if I can ill get in the D4 to acid hand. I'll use the njp too, most certainly. Or dash out and double dash them sometimes.

Like THTB said though there are certain characters that you have to watch out for their deep jump kicks, like cage or kitana since she gets you with an air fan.

Dash out then forceball isnt a bad idea either. But there is a chance that cross over might mess up your input and you could eat a whole combo. Either way, I find that dash out is pretty good to counter cross over.

leek

Noob
d4 gets eaten up by JK. I'm pretty sure Cage can JK deep enough to f3 xx nutpunch.
JIK to F3~ nutpunch for 17%, but you can do JIK to 44~nutpunch for 23% i believe.. with 6% guaranteed chip at the least.. so yeah.

Dash out then forceball isnt a bad idea either. But there is a chance that cross over might mess up your input and you could eat a whole combo. Either way, I find that dash out is pretty good to counter cross over.
I hate that so much haha. Sometimes, for some reason acid hand comes out when I get crossed over (it shouldn't since you need to hit down for it to come out) and I eat a combo. I think I might get a hitbox though because I hate trying to input things with the d-pad. Down comes out WAY too much for me I guess due to there being a little pressure b/c of its design when you're pressing left or right and because I didn't do it perfectly.

I hate that so much haha. Sometimes, for some reason acid hand comes out when I get crossed over (it shouldn't since you need to hit down for it to come out) and I eat a combo. I think I might get a hitbox though because I hate trying to input things with the d-pad. Down comes out WAY too much for me I guess due to there being a little pressure b/c of its design when you're pressing left or right and because I didn't do it perfectly.
You know the best way is to practice, if you could do perfect triple dash after knockdown then your dash should be pretty good. I remember the day when I just practice that all day for like a week to get up to speed and do it under pressure. After you have done that, you hardly press down while dash and therefore acid hand wont come out.

You know the best way is to practice, if you could do perfect triple dash after knockdown then your dash should be pretty good. I remember the day when I just practice that all day for like a week to get up to speed and do it under pressure. After you have done that, you hardly press down while dash and therefore acid hand wont come out.
Yeah I did that for like 20 minutes one day. I can do a perfect triple dash a lot of the time, sometimes i'll mess it up in a match, but yeah I think I just need to sit down more and dash around in training just to clean it up little bit.