What's new

Tech How to Counter F23 Breathe and LC combos

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Hey guys i was in the lab.......again and i was trying to find a counter to F23 breath from superman. and i found that d2 literally goes right under as well sweep, which are the best options. obviously this should be done on a READ!!! and if the superman player READS that you are trying to do either he can wiff punish you and do 42%-67%. you can get 41% combo from the d2 into trait LK LK LK LK B2 LK, B22f3 LC for the d2 punish of f23 breathe.

ALSO you can get a combo for a naked LC in the corner or doing a combo starter into LC for meterless damage or wiff punishing or regular punishing projectiles while they are cornered. the timing isn't very strict, you just can't do it as fast as you can.
DGOD PSYCHO
LEGEND
Hellion_96
SaJa
Xenrail
xInfra Deadx
AK Harold
Red Reaper
Mosp
xFriction_Burnx

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I made a vid on this a couple weeks ago and someone posted about naked LC comboing in the corner before cause i knew about it for a while but i didn't figure it out on my own.

Zyphox

ya

my fault for not sharing i guess. I know i've told people here n there but i don't think i've ever made a thread about it. So its good we have one
ahh okay cool, i think the d2 against superman is really good, its a really good d2 now that i think about it for other reasons that just trying to anti air, when they hopefully fix anti airs and make them more viable his would be one of the best simply on the fact that it's literally so low profile and it goes under like everything.

LEGEND

YES!
ahh okay cool, i think the d2 against superman is really good, its a really good d2 now that i think about it for other reasons that just trying to anti air, when they hopefully fix anti airs and make them more viable his would be one of the best simply on the fact that it's literally so low profile and it goes under like everything.
If you don't have trait i still feel like pushblocking, armoring or just eating the Superbreath are better options. Otherwise the D2 meta game is just too risky for me, but thats just in general, certain situations obviously call for taking risks and even if you get blown up at least you've established that you can blow him up (to some degree) for repeat F23-Breaths

As for D2 as an AA, i actually like it. Not as a direct AA but as a counter to cross-ups/Jump overs, Most of the time (depending on the Jump attack, Jump distance and jump arc of the character ect) you can dash or walk into a position where you D2 will evade their attack and launch them.

Yeah sorry I thought that was common knowledge too or at least posted ont he MU thread. Also if you do it always press trait cuz if it whiffs it wont activate. But yes, we need to find more MU specific pokes etc. to counter the casts block strings.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Zyphox
nice video, i'd like to add a few things.
if you want to mess with supermans head...
B22 Lightning Kick MB, 2 RMS, run forward, jump back over double cross up.
Also a good tool for when you cross up and want to put them back in the corner.

I've done B22 Lightning kick MB, 2 RMS run forward, Jump back, Trait, RMS F3, LK x3 B22f3.
If supermans think they can jump at you all day, news FLASH :joker:
So can The Flash!

Xenrail

Noob
best combo for a mb lightning charge in the corner is 11,11,11,11,112 xx lightning charge. just skip the d12, that's extra legwork. it's nice though for a raw LC

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
which part both of them?
ya

my fault for not sharing i guess. I know i've told people here n there but i don't think i've ever made a thread about it. So its good we have one

Lethal LEGEND
There was a thread about it!

Zyphox
When I saw the first part I immediately had Deja Vu...
I remember seeing a thread like this and thinking that this was known news to me. So I decided to look it up: http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-get-out-of-superman-breath-loop.32955/#post-881466

Didn't realize you didn't post in that thread. Though, now that I'm looking at it I'm seeing that you liked it. Did you just do that today?

Zyphox

Lethal LEGEND
There was a thread about it!

Zyphox
When I saw the first part I immediately had Deja Vu...
I remember seeing a thread like this and thinking that this was known news to me. So I decided to look it up: http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-get-out-of-superman-breath-loop.32955/#post-881466

Didn't realize you didn't post in that thread. Though, now that I'm looking at it I'm seeing that you liked it. Did you just do that today?
yeah lol it was buried i forgot about checking to see it. so my bad Hellion_96 am stupid lol

you should. it's a good tool. free combo + positions opponent closer to the corner or gives you a setup since you're +3. Just be mindful if they're crouch blocking then you're at a disadvantage
i just keep forgetting about it… been trying to concentrate on spacing + whiff punishing

Xenrail

Noob
i just keep forgetting about it… been trying to concentrate on spacing + whiff punishing
if theyre not waking up then just go ham with your normals. if spacing+whiff punishing is at the top of your mind, then just Lightning charge (mb) or raw. it covers your criteria on both counts. you can combo off a mb or 50/50 on the knockdown.

if both of you are at a stalemate from blocking then dash back and see what they do. if they decide to turtle then frame trap or Sonic Pound if they're crouching

if theyre not waking up then just go ham with your normals. if spacing+whiff punishing is at the top of your mind, then just Lightning charge (mb) or raw. it covers your criteria on both counts. you can combo off a mb or 50/50 on the knockdown.

if both of you are at a stalemate from blocking then dash back and see what they do. if they decide to turtle then frame trap or Sonic Pound if they're crouching
thanx for the tips, but let me be more specific… i meant whiff punishing opponents strings and specials. also, why flash gotta have a micro-d1? :/

p.s. love your avatar

Xenrail

Noob
thanx for the tips, but let me be more specific… i meant whiff punishing opponents strings and specials. also, why flash gotta have a micro-d1? :/

p.s. love your avatar
should be pretty easy to punish specials that whiff. just b22, f21 or if they're right in your face 112, d12. you have every advantage as long as they whiff so they'll definitely get hit by something. as for whiff punishing strings, b22 usually beats outs some strings. d12 for the strings that start off a high like batmans 113