What's new

How to cheese the Season 1 Challenge Tower....

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
A lot of people have been asking me how I beat the challenge tower for Season 1 as it is so "impossible".... So I worked out a super cheese strategy that anyone can do with pressing basically one button. Personally I prefer to play "legit" but I did use this to quickly farm seasonal koin to quickly buy out all the season skins.

The Prep
  • You need the Poison "Fart" trinket. It is probably the most powerful trinket in the game at the moment. It comes with a bunch of charges and a whopping 1500% damage to health bonus on it. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how to farm this, I know you can not buy it, at least I have not seen it turn up. Some Kollector shops sell trinkets that change, so it may turn up. I 100%'d all the mesa levels before trying the tower, so already had found it organically in the game mode.
  • You need to buy the "Infinite Trinket Activation" token from the Kollector Shop in Shang Tsung's Laboratory, and activate it before entering the tower.
    • Menu, Telaport to shop to get to a shop
    • Do the same thing when standing at a shop to teleport to the 2nd shop
  • Spam fart == win
The Strat

• Use the Fart Trinket to kill everyone. You do not need to use a single attack. The only hard bit is the actual Survive Stages, as these do a lot of damage.
  • Put all your stats into HEALTH and SPECIALS, nothing else. I'm pretty sure that the Survive Magic Balls count as specials. You want a health pool and special so good that you can basically absorb most of the hits. So you make it to the time-out even if you suck at dodging.
    • The Kollector shop on the practise mesa has an item to reset your stat points. It will always have it, you can go to main menu and back to refresh all current items at all the shops.
  • The final "Test Your Might", at this time, does not need to be completed successfully. Even if you fail it the skins and items will go to your inventory.
    • It is not that hard though.... just tap to the top, let it fall and click.
Advanced Prep

If you are looking for a brain-dead farm for season koins to buy skins there are some extra upgrades you can do to your trinket
  • Kollector stores sell a lot of cool things to modify your trinket
    • If you go to a mesa and hit Shop, you will teleport to the shop
    • If you are standing at a shop and try to teleport, it will take you to the other shop in the same zone.
    • The shop items change every in game hour. This is not the same as refresh. If you can't find the item you want, then just set your alarm for an hour and a half and go play kombat leauge r lab as you would normally. Check back and buy.
  • Buy Meat
    • Meat adds "gain health" to the trinket
    • 10 Meat maxes out the health gain on the trinket.
    • Spamming Fart now heals you constantly. So it is now impossible to fail survive. Just spam trinket.
    • Meat is available at the 1st mesa at one of the Kollector stores.
  • Buy the item that "increases chance of successful forge"
    • You'll waste resources otherwise. Make sure you have a good stock of these things and reduce the failure mate.
  • You can only have 5 bonuses on a item. There is no point in loading in everything, and if you go over, the last you put in will take the last slot. Remember you want to get it to 100% health gain (10 Meat), nothing else really matters.
  • If you find the item you want at a store, buy it and then go to main manu and re-enter invasion. This refreshes the store items allowing you to buy it again without waiting.
About SURVIVAL

There are two survival modes... these modes for some reason will not let you use unlimited talisman. If you use your talisman, it will eventually run out of charges. Do not worry, the next normal fight it will be infinite again. Once you have full healing on your talisman respec and put at least 50-60 into health and the rest attack or special depending on how you cheese. Uppercut or fireball. The survival mode is super easy... so it shouldn't be an issue to get past. I think there is 5 rounds. Try and save 1 fart incase you need to heal, but you won't need it.

Rewards?

I dunno if they are universal... but I got a bunch of items, some pallets and 4 Skins. Skins are completely different outfits, not pallets, which are colour changes to an outfit. I got a Jonny, SubZero and Kang skin. You also get a ton of Invasion Koin to buy mats, season koin to max out your season shopping options and normal koin for the offering bowl.

Last edited:

Jynks

Just tried to do the challenge tower on PC and it crashes eveytime after the "white" survive challenge... works fine on PS5.... I hope this is patched before the season ends.. would suck to miss the skins.

EDIT : Just did a verify and it fixed it.

Last edited:

subzert

Frozen Soul
A lot of people have been asking me how I beat the challenge tower for Season 1 as it is so "impossible".... So I worked out a super cheese strategy that anyone can do with pressing basically one button. Personally I prefer to play "legit" but I did use this to quickly farm seasonal koin to quickly buy out all the season skins.

The Prep
  • You need the Poison "Fart" trinket. It is probably the most powerful trinket in the game at the moment. It comes with a bunch of charges and a whopping 1500% damage to health bonus on it. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how to farm this, I know you can not buy it, at least I have not seen it turn up. Some Kollector shops sell trinkets that change, so it may turn up. I 100%'d all the mesa levels before trying the tower, so already had found it organically in the game mode.
  • You need to buy the "Infinite Trinket Activation" token from the Kollector Shop in Shang Tsung's Laboratory, and activate it before entering the tower.
    • Menu, Telaport to shop to get to a shop
    • Do the same thing when standing at a shop to teleport to the 2nd shop
  • Spam fart == win
The Strat

• Use the Fart Trinket to kill everyone. You do not need to use a single attack. The only hard bit is the actual Survive Stages, as these do a lot of damage.
  • Put all your stats into HEALTH and SPECIALS, nothing else. I'm pretty sure that the Survive Magic Balls count as specials. You want a health pool and special so good that you can basically absorb most of the hits. So you make it to the time-out even if you suck at dodging.
    • The Kollector shop on the practise mesa has an item to reset your stat points. It will always have it, you can go to main menu and back to refresh all current items at all the shops.
  • The final "Test Your Might", at this time, does not need to be completed successfully. Even if you fail it the skins and items will go to your inventory.
    • It is not that hard though.... just tap to the top, let it fall and click.
Advanced Prep

If you are looking for a brain-dead farm for season koins to buy skins there are some extra upgrades you can do to your trinket
  • Kollector stores sell a lot of cool things to modify your trinket
    • If you go to a mesa and hit Shop, you will teleport to the shop
    • If you are standing at a shop and try to teleport, it will take you to the other shop in the same zone.
    • The shop items change every in game hour. This is not the same as refresh. If you can't find the item you want, then just set your alarm for an hour and a half and go play kombat leauge r lab as you would normally. Check back and buy.
  • Buy Meat
    • Meat adds "gain health" to the trinket
    • 10 Meat maxes out the health gain on the trinket.
    • Spamming Fart now heals you constantly. So it is now impossible to fail survive. Just spam trinket.
    • Meat is available at the 1st mesa at one of the Kollector stores.
  • Buy the item that "increases chance of successful forge"
    • You'll waste resources otherwise. Make sure you have a good stock of these things and reduce the failure mate.
  • You can only have 5 bonuses on a item. There is no point in loading in everything, and if you go over, the last you put in will take the last slot. Remember you want to get it to 100% health gain (10 Meat), nothing else really matters.
  • If you find the item you want at a store, buy it and then go to main manu and re-enter invasion. This refreshes the store items allowing you to buy it again without waiting.
Rewards?

I dunno if they are universal... but I got a bunch of items, some pallets and 3 Skins. Skins are completely different outfits, not pallets, which are colour changes to an outfit. I got a Jonny, SubZero and Kang skin. You also get a ton of Invasion Koin to buy mats, season koin to max out your season shopping options and normal koin for the offering bowl.
Can you post a pic of the skins that you got?

Edit: this is super effective strategy. The endurance fights were bugged as my talisman meter was dropping and it wasn't dealing any damage to cage and geras.
I failed the final TEST YOUR MIGHT and did not unlock any skin or palette whatsoever.

Edit 2: I already had the 4 skins unlocked/purchased from the seasonal items store.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
I discarded the fart talisman ages ago, because it wasn't clear to me what it did, I was burnt out on constantly having to micromanage my inventory space after every single fight, and the armor ones seemed more important to hang on to since in many fights they just grant permanent invincibility (except when they don't) :(

It's these ones:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/16l6bhs

Last edited:

Jynks

I discarded the fart talisman ages ago, because it wasn't clear to me what it did, I was burnt out on constantly having to micromanage my inventory space after every single fight, and the armor ones seemed more important to hang on to since in many fights they just grant permanent invincibility (except when they don't) :(
If you discarded the Fart thing, then it is not hard to still cheese, this is just the best method.

Do you have any of the aura or shield talismans? These will also basically auto win by making you invincible while healing you.

Also there is a bunch of meteor talismans. Augment them with +damage +casting speed + health regen and you will have a cheese that is actually better then fart. Works well on projectile as well.

Just use the forge.... the 10 Meat for health regen and then add the +damage and as needed.

What makes Fart so easy is the Talisman is stacked the moment you get it... you can make any damage talisman do the same amount of damage with the forge, just takes some time.

Pretty sure you also get some extra pallets for these skins or w/e..... like this one

I have been enjoying invasion a lot and playing it pretty much as my main way of playing MK1 so far.... so maybe I fot it elsewhere, but I sure do not remeber it from before I did the seasonal tower.

Last edited:

NoCharge

Noob
I used the fart talism. It's op af. Plus it recharges itself if you kill the opponent. Anyone know how to reset stat points?

Jynks

Anyone know how to reset stat points?
Yeah, said this in the op.

Go to the Kollector on the practice mesa (top right). He always has the stats reset thing. You can insta refresh "sold out" items by going back to main menu.

Art Lean

Noob
I've actually just discovered something really basic I never realised before.

If you use a konsumable that says it offers a benefit for the "next encounter" it refers to the whole tower of whatever the next encounter icon is (whether it be 1 floor or 18).

I've just applied the "immune to all projectiles for the next encounter" konsumable and I'm invincible on all the survive challenges :laughing:

Jynks

Yeah... towers are a single "encounter" hehe... that is why I said to use the "infinite trinket" thing. There is another good one that gives you super armour (what the NPC have) and another that ignores it.. Effectively removing all armour from the npcs.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I've actually just discovered something really basic I never realised before.

If you use a konsumable that says it offers a benefit for the "next encounter" it refers to the whole tower of whatever the next encounter icon is (whether it be 1 floor or 18).

I've just applied the "immune to all projectiles for the next encounter" konsumable and I'm invincible on all the survive challenges :laughing:
I was just about to bring up that exact konsumable. I had that and the Fart Talisman and as long as I was smart about how often I farted... yeah, yeah I know... but seriously, I mostly saved it for the 3rd Health bar of every opponent and it regenerated pretty well on its own. My only fail was the TYM at the end sadly. Immune to Projectiles makes so much of it a cake walk and the damage of the fart should make us all glad we can't being Talismans into PVP, lol.

Art Lean

Noob
wrong.... you don't. I unlocked them on both PS5 and PC and failed TYM....
"I stand corrected!" said the man in the orthopedic shoes :laughing:

You didn't give me enough time to edit my post haha. I checked Scorpion first and it wasn't there... I didn't realise a scroll bar had actually been created for that skin haha. Checked the other characters and I had actually unlocked those, then checked back on Scorpion thinking "WTF, why didn't I get that one character's skin?" and tapped down and voila, there it is :cool:

Last edited:

acowsik

MK fan from India
If you want to verify the exact palettes you get from the seasonal tower they are...

Sub-Zero - Melting Point
Scorpion - Fired Up
Liu Kang - Sizzling Deity
Johnny Cage - Hollywood Superstar
Shang Tsung - Purity of Fire

Jynks

No idea then... it was just there in my list when I looked. Did you complete the seasonal challenge tower? Did you buy the "activate secret fight" token on the end node of the last mesa? Those are things i did.

No idea then... it was just there in my list when I looked. Did you complete the seasonal challenge tower? Did you buy the "activate secret fight" token on the end node of the last mesa? Those are things i did.
I think I haven't activate anything in the seasonal tower, thanks mate gonna try it now...