What's new

Strategy How to break thru the ice statues

R.E.L.

Noob
Thought this was worth mentioning. If you time it right, you can dash into the statues and then block to break them.

Credit to After Dark Gaming for the video:

SZSR

Noob
Cool, this has kinda been my strategy against Ice Clones to begin with, I didn't know it could do this, pretty cool glitch.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting, not sure it's a glitch though ^ or just from the demo build hmm, this will have to be tested on the full game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Definitely no glitch. This makes Sub more manageable. :)

MKF30

I agree, didn't look like a glitch just a way to deal with the damn clone lol

SGX

Noob
It should also be noted that judging from the leaked full version videos, it appears that ice clones will break when you hit Sub as well.

MKF30

Really ^? That's interesting have to try that out but I tried the dash/cancel into block to break it last weekend, it does work indeed. Be sure to cancel into block though lol

opens up a bit of a meta game, because if sub reads that you are going in to break the clone, you could get swept/thrown... ect.

JakubDi

Noob
How fast can you forward dash cancel into crouching block? I'm wondering if Sub-Zero can hit his opponent with b,f+4 on reaction here.

How fast can you forward dash cancel into crouching block? I'm wondering if Sub-Zero can hit his opponent with b,f+4 on reaction here.
Someone that has a testing partner should experiment with reading the dash block and punishing it with a slide/sweep or overhead for the crouch block, if the overhead can punish it that could be significant.