What's new

How to beat Triborg Smoke in MKX

DJ SLICE 500

its time to confess those SinzZ!
Good video, going forward you might want to lower the game audio a bit so its easier to hear what you are saying.
Yeah i just wasnt close enough to the mic I have my elgato to automatically lower the volume thats why certain moments when it was loud because i was close enough but im not gonna let it happen again and thanks man

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One thing I still don't see people doing is NJP punish on reaction to smoke bomb. If you're specifically looking for/anticipating the SB, it's a pretty easy punish after you see him start to throw it, for no resources.

There are other more optimal punishes -- but this one is dead simple and pretty easy to time, if you've been sitting there holding the Smoke Bomb on block.

DJ SLICE 500

One thing I still don't see people doing is NJP punish on reaction to smoke bomb. If you're specifically looking for/anticipating the SB, it's a pretty easy punish after you see him start to throw it, for no resources.

There are other more optimal punishes -- but this one is dead simple and pretty easy to time, if you've been sitting there holding the Smoke Bomb on block.
I was going to add that but some njp dony reach smoke itvall depends on your character also if he ex the bomb you could get blown up backdash kinda covers both options

Noob
This will only work against noob smoke players...

All the options against smoke you mentioned...smoke has 5+ other mixups to counter with.

And...F21~half a second phase is 100% safe and can whiff punish your poke/NJP attempt and F21-ex smoke bomb will go in smoke's favor.

F21 on hit into phase...1 and F1 is guaranteed...very risky to attempt a NJP/Poke...you'll end up eating a full combo punish into max damage or go into another vortex.

YOU CAN"T BEAT SMOKE, YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO GUESS RIGHT AGAINST HIM

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM

All the options against smoke you mentioned...smoke has 5+ other mixups to counter with.

And...F21~half a second phase is 100% safe and can whiff punish your poke/NJP attempt and F21-ex smoke bomb will go in smoke's favor.

F21 on hit into phase...1 and F1 is guaranteed...very risky to attempt a NJP/Poke...you'll end up eating a full combo punish into max damage or go into another vortex.

Yes the voice of reason it only you said mkx bullshit

DJ SLICE 500

I disagree with most of what youve said all im going to say is there is a reason why the top smoke player scar doesnt vidtex the entire match its mostly gimmicks if you watch scar play he'll always just end with damage or a hard knockdown never a vortex nobody playing at high level loke fox dragon are getting vortex the entire fight

Noob
I disagree with most of what youve said all im going to say is there is a reason why the top smoke player scar doesnt vidtex the entire match its mostly gimmicks if you watch scar play he'll always just end with damage or a hard knockdown never a vortex nobody playing at high level loke fox dragon are getting vortex the entire fight
What are you even talking about...did you even read what l wrote..

There is no disagreeing with what I said...facts are facts.

And speaking of vortex...you watched scars last few tournament videos? He goes into vortex most of the time...

omooba

fear the moobs
It's not consistent on b3 smoke bomb
This is also not true. Scar uses the vortex a decent amount of the time.

Lastly most of the stuff you're calling gimmicks or not real is real. There's nothing you've said is not a real option that the smoke player can't cover. Gimmick implies if I know the match up I shouldn't be getting hit by it and that's just not true