What's new

Question How to beat these characters?

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Yeah.. honestly yes she can punish ground trident with a very well timed teleport, but he just traits up and then whoopdy whoop we're wasting a full bar of meter for minor chip. If we teleport and guess wrong it's an easy full screen punish, and Zatanna doesn't have any fast enough launchers. F3 is her fastest, which is still hella slow start up. And then trait in the corner doesn't work cause of frickan d1... And than lets not forget to mention that the reach of Aquaman's trident is just sickening. And Puppet Master MB doesn't work cause it's two hits. #lame.

And then I be like:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah.. honestly yes she can punish ground trident with a very well timed teleport, but he just traits up and then whoopdy whoop we're wasting a full bar of meter for minor chip. If we teleport and guess wrong it's an easy full screen punish, and Zatanna doesn't have any fast enough launchers. F3 is her fastest, which is still hella slow start up. And then trait in the corner doesn't work cause of frickan d1... And than lets not forget to mention that the reach of Aquaman's trident is just sickening. And Puppet Master MB doesn't work cause it's two hits. #lame.
Don't forget her meterbuilding sucks against him ;_;

And then I be like:

Punish whiffed tridents with D2

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Exactly. I prefer this MU as batgirl and that's saying something lol.

Just ran the Flash MU more with a great flash and here's some more input;

- fireballs are your friend. Get them out as often as possible.

- trait behind a fireball is basically free chip + unpunishable

- duck lighting charge and punish with standing 3. It doesn't matter if he MBs or not it'll still hit.

- on wakeup he can bait the backward tele and punish with lightning charge. Don't be afraid to mb tele wakeup to punish his charge by ducking.

- flash is quite susceptible to oki. Bait out his wakeups the first few times and punish. Mb f3 works well for this.

- be wary of throwing out trance within half screen range because he can punish for 50%+ on block with trait and lightning charge.

Overall I think this MU is in Zatanna's favour but not be a massive amount. Probably around 6-4 her favour.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
d2, b3, ji2, ji2, 112~bf3(MB) is 25% into vortex setup.
Again vortex still won't work if he has trait up, and none of her vortex shennanigans will go into combo if he has trait. Although I didn't know you could connect a naked d2 with b3 outside of the d1 u3 combo or d2 intractable punishes. Is that plausible to use in online?

It will work if he traits up after trident and you punish with d2. Either he does that or you get a punish with standing 3 :)
Yeah, but aquamen like Theo who know they fucked up will not trait because they are expecting a d2. If they see one single normal attack they can trait immediately after the normal

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah, but aquamen like Theo who know they fucked up will not trait because they are expecting a d2. If they see one single normal attack they can trait immediately after the normal
3~bf3 will combo them even if they activate trait mid trance. From there you get to b3 into combo.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How the fuck does this character go unnoticed...?
Because she's hard to use, setup reliant and has a terrible MU that often appears in tournament.

That said, I still love using her and pick her for certain MUs (Flash being one of those)