What's new

Question How to beat these characters?

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Hey guys, so I've been playing tons and tons of online, and I'm having issues beat a few characters. Any pointers would be really helpful.

Flash: His pressure and mixups, I'm having a really hard time poking out of them when he locks you down. Also in the zoning game he just knocks me down with his enhanced charge move (whatever it's called).

Black Adam: Ugh... Divekicks and d1, need I say more?

Doomsday: His charge makes it very difficult to zone and his d1 is annoying, I know if he does his teleport I can b3 MB into full combo though.

Harley Quinn: This match I've been off and on about. I've recently played some very good Harleys, and I think I have the hang of it, but I really get into major trouble when she just spams her guns. I can't throw a ring cause she hits me out of it, I can MB and potentially hit her but I have to time it very well and often it just turns out me wasting a bar without throwing a ring. If I teleport behind, even with the recovery of her guns she has enough time to d1 into full combo without me blocking. Yeah I get some free combos off of MB teleport... but that's burning so much meter already. Thoughts?

MMH: Ok.. whose idea was it to have a full screen un punishable teleport on a character with great range on his normals as well as great zoning.

@Mr. Mileena
@deg222
@Pan1cMode
@AspyxiaDyslexia-
@DinoPizzaria

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Flash: If his MB lightning charge is the trouble, bait it with a crouch block, punish with standing 3 into whatever you want. The main goal in this MU is to find a way to get a fireball onto the screen. Then pull out your trait and get free chip. There's more to the MU than just that, but that's what it boils down to.

Black Adam: You really need to get at least half screen away from him and master the technique of teleport levitate in the air (jump, uu3, dub, uu3, dub, etc.). Just to note, if you input the teleport too quickly after you levitate, the game will eat your input and you can no longer teleport until you hit the ground. But yeah, levitating midscreen helps a lot to bait him into dive kicking where you can punish with j3. And make sure you punish any non MB dive kicks with standing 3. The MU is annoying and you just gotta learn to kinda stay on the ground when you're close to him.

Harley Quinn: If gunshots are your problem, you gotta learn to crouch under a shot, and instantly doing a puppet master. Good luck doing this online though. Again, it helps to be able to levitate teleport in this MU too.

MMH: I dunno what to tell ya, if the lag is bad you're just not gonna win it. But in a decent connection you can walk forward to block the overhead teleport as a crossup to where he bounces back on top of you and you can punish with d1, d2, jij1/jij3, 112 xx bf3MB. However even with this blocking technique, he'll still sometimes bounce away from you because of our horrible walkspeed. But as far as the neutral game goes, you don't really wanna be at fullscreen, can't really do much from here except sometimes puppet master. Midscreen is a good place to be where you can sometimes get away with MB ring tosses. And lastly, our trait is great in this MU. He pretty much has to respect it. If he overhead teleports, you can AA it with db3, then follow up with an OTG df3. Then when they respect the OTG, you can shoot a meaty df2 (does more chip).
If they're abusing teleport that much, you can always mbb3 it too.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Flash: If his MB lightning charge is the trouble, bait it with a crouch block, punish with standing 3 into whatever you want. The main goal in this MU is to find a way to get a fireball onto the screen. Then pull out your trait and get free chip. There's more to the MU than just that, but that's what it boils down to.

Black Adam: You really need to get at least half screen away from him and master the technique of teleport levitate in the air (jump, uu3, dub, uu3, dub, etc.). Just to note, if you input the teleport too quickly after you levitate, the game will eat your input and you can no longer teleport until you hit the ground. But yeah, levitating midscreen helps a lot to bait him into dive kicking where you can punish with j3. And make sure you punish any non MB dive kicks with standing 3. The MU is annoying and you just gotta learn to kinda stay on the ground when you're close to him.

Harley Quinn: If gunshots are your problem, you gotta learn to crouch under a shot, and instantly doing a puppet master. Good luck doing this online though. Again, it helps to be able to levitate teleport in this MU too.

MMH: I dunno what to tell ya, if the lag is bad you're just not gonna win it. But in a decent connection you can walk forward to block the overhead teleport as a crossup to where he bounces back on top of you and you can punish with d1, d2, jij1/jij3, 112 xx bf3MB. However even with this blocking technique, he'll still sometimes bounce away from you because of our horrible walkspeed. But as far as the neutral game goes, you don't really wanna be at fullscreen, can't really do much from here except sometimes puppet master. Midscreen is a good place to be where you can sometimes get away with MB ring tosses. And lastly, our trait is great in this MU. He pretty much has to respect it. If he overhead teleports, you can AA it with db3, then follow up with an OTG df3. Then when they respect the OTG, you can shoot a meaty df2 (does more chip).
If they're abusing teleport that much, you can always mbb3 it too.
Flash players can get out of the Fire Ball easy by sliding under it from running man stance.

CromeShazam

2,2 Then Ill command grab you
Also a way of dealing with Flash is push blocking his pressure. After a push-block see what his habits are. If he decides to dash at you react and punish it, If he does yolo MB Headbutt, make sure your crouch blocking and punish it with your fastest normals :)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Deg pretty much explained everything! For Flash putting a fireball on the screen means he won't be able to get in and he HAS to eat chip damage. Fireball is hell for him. Teleport, fireball, toss rings and trait all day against him, you don't wanna get close for any reason.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I played jupiter the other day... Did decent. I still lost but not that bad. Using a slow ball and walking into it will allow you to zone more freely. If they teleport into the fireball, u can convert it w trance. Deg covered the rest..

Doomsday... Vs him I never stop moving, you're constantly running away and fireball only really works during his trait to stop him briefly. His Oki game can be tough on us as well. Only advice I can offer is to stay moving and zone patiently.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
For Harley.
When you get hit with a hit gun shot I'm around +5-8 shot you can either BLOCK a gun shot or jump. This goes back to what I've told you. You have to learn how to respect the follow up when you 've been hit.

If you block a normal
gun shot from full screen I'm at plus 11 so
you can mb teleport when you duck a gunshot immediate ly do a mb rings to knock out of my pattern.

This MU shouldn't be hard for zatanna. It's a matter of knowledge. Don't worry when we play more you'll get it

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Also if your worry about meter with mb teleport. Do a combo and end with trait. To get back meter

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
With Flash, trait is the key to this MU. Abuse it as much as you can. Don't let him bully you. You can duck charge and punish with standing 3, but an easier punish is to duck and mash d2 when you see him MB.

Last edited:

KillaGthug4Life

For Harley.
When you get hit with a hit gun shot I'm around +5-8 shot you can either BLOCK a gun shot or jump. This goes back to what I've told you. You have to learn how to respect the follow up when you 've been hit.

If you block a normal
gun shot from full screen I'm at plus 11 so
you can mb teleport when you duck a gunshot immediate ly do a mb rings to knock out of my pattern.

This MU shouldn't be hard for zatanna. It's a matter of knowledge. Don't worry when we play more you'll get it
Thanks I appreciate the help! I'm also looking forward to giving you another go, think I've mostly figured out Harley :). And appreciate it Deg, I'm gonna go to the lab and practice all these punishes.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I legit think that zatanna is one if not the worst match up for flash. 3 7 maybe

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
On MMH:

Overhead Teleport is obviously problematic - most MMH's I seem to play like to MB b3 after you block it, which can catch you if you try to put pressure on them with cards, or by dashing forward into kicks.

Some solutions I use for dealing with the mbB3:

B1D3 - the d3 puts you low enough that the mbB3 whiffs, and they take around 4% damage.
Walk backwards - if the mbB3, it'll whiff and you can full combo punish
Dash Backwards - St3 or B3 will catch
teleport through - dash 112 or PM / Cards

And if you've got meter to burn and you don't MBB3 in time, I find a MB teleport through into 112 will usually catch them if they're not expecting it.

KillaGthug4Life

When he teleports I can't seem to hit him with the MB b3 for some reason. Maybe I'm just timing it wrong.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
When he teleports I can't seem to hit him with the MB b3 for some reason. Maybe I'm just timing it wrong.
MMH has 28 frames of startup for his teleport in the air, 26 on the ground, which is a significant number. This means that as late as him completely disappearing into the ground, you can MBB3 the teleport - offline a good way to try to react to it is to look for the blue visual effect that he sinks into, and as soon as you see it MBB3. Online, you just have to look for that pose he does where he looks upwards, and you should land it pretty frequently. Whenever you see him go up in the air at full screen be ready to react to the teleport, and you'll catch 'im every time.

go into the lab for like 5 minutes and practice it, and it'll be easy henceforth.

DinoPizzaria

Professional Twerking Choreographer
I never have any problems playing against Harley Quinn because of the fact that Zatanna can get in easier and has more zoning tools. If you can't beat Harley in Zoning then your best bet would be to catch her in gunshots and teleport behind for a full combo punish.

Doomsday is still a pain in the ass but fireballs and her trait can get through his overhead smash move and her multikick is really good against him in trait.

Against Black Adam, I don't use Zatanna lol. It's that bad.

Flash is pretty a pretty tricky match-up. You have to keep fireballs on the screen a lot to prevent him from over-pressuring you. I usually throw out a slow fireball and trait up for chip damage or teleport behind for a mix-up or combo. All-in-all just try your best to keep Flash away from you.

MMH just be wary of his teleports and be ready to either trance or MB b3 or f3 on reaction. I also catch MMH's when they start feeling themselves too much while zoning and teleport behind or in front for a punish.