What's new

Match-up Discussion - Cybernetic How to adapt to Tanya's air mobility?

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Preparing for a local tournament. Besides a good Raiden and quick reactions to Scorpion players, I fear the Tanya match up greatly. Especially the corner set ups even when keeping her standing. Her wakeups are so brutal. Not sure when to even attack!? Anyone having the same problems?

ando1184

Noob
Preparing for a local tournament. Besides a good Raiden and quick reactions to Scorpion players, I fear the Tanya match up greatly. Especially the corner set ups even when keeping her standing. Her wakeups are so brutal. Not sure when to even attack!? Anyone having the same problems?
Yes I literally just played a really good one at my local and got bodied as Kano. I was using cutthroat but I learned that after she does a pressure string and does a "regular" teleport, Kano can D2 her and either she will trade with you or you'll beat out her attack. If she does MB teleport just stay patient and block. It really sucks because we have to play by her rules the entire fight :(. I also noticed on wakeup that the MB teleport can be ducked. I hope this helps some bud. Oh and It was naginata that I was fighting, she has instant overheads, which is crazy and safe if she does the pole swing kick thing. If she does the long range poke, you can reversal Kano ball.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Yes I literally just played a really good one at my local and got bodied as Kano. I was using cutthroat but I learned that after she does a pressure string and does a "regular" teleport, Kano can D2 her and either she will trade with you or you'll beat out her attack. If she does MB teleport just stay patient and block. It really sucks because we have to play by her rules the entire fight :(. I also noticed on wakeup that the MB teleport can be ducked. I hope this helps some bud. Oh and It was naginata that I was fighting, she has instant overheads, which is crazy and safe if she does the pole swing kick thing. If she does the long range poke, you can reversal Kano ball.
I'm going through her movelist on all variations later on tomorrow again and I appreciate these tips. I literally almost got out zoned by a pyromancer player. My knives did most of the damage even on trades as she landed after her air fireballs. I found myself without stamina often since I basically chased her down cautiously. I find this match up really tough against either of her variations. I figure cutthroat may be best when I finally find an opening

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I just made a video on this with Kenshi, Kano should be able to do something similar. You can run under, njp, jumo back with your best air normal, or just armor through.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I just made a video on this with Kenshi, Kano should be able to do something similar. You can run under, njp, jumo back with your best air normal, or just armor through.
This is interesting. Seems like we've got to be on the look out and make quick reads. I'm assuming after hit confirming these jump attacks, you're following up with juggles. I could make sure I punish heavy with the right combo and condition her to stay grounded more often. I can see cyber Kano pulling this off... Thanks a lot. Have a youtube channel? Links?