What's new

Question - Shotgun How Powerful Can She Be?

I've been wanting to learn her for quite some time, but can she be useful for Online Matches? I use many characters in the game, but is she one to use for fights? Just this variation. But if you use another variation for her.. Let me know how good or bad she is.. Opinions?

By the way, here's a combo video for my other characters, I'm getting bored playing as them.. Trying to learn some new people..

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
LOL @ calling Jacqui broken, when there are other characters like Predator, Shinnok, and Quan Chi. Are we even playing the same game?

Anyway, Shotgun is really great up close. I use her all the time online, but the timing is definitely harder than offline. Her weaknesses are her pokes and getting zoned. If you're playing against a heavy zoner (or someone with great footsies like Johnny), switch to Full Auto or you'll be extremely frustrated. She has a lot of trouble getting close to zoners.

Everyone is lol.
I never thought it until I played kidigital, and vs Liu kang she can just low shotgun vortex me midscreenish or bit closer and boom, she has a vortex but even if she guessed wrong she's only minus 6 , he just seemed to get vortexes all over the shop, maybe not broken but ridiculous good when she gets u, and u can't jump or neutral duck her throws so it's 1 out of 4 guess that she's safe on, even kidigital and dab will admit that

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I never thought it until I played kidigital, and vs Liu kang she can just low shotgun vortex me midscreenish or bit closer and boom, she has a vortex but even if she guessed wrong she's only minus 6 , he just seemed to get vortexes all over the shop, maybe not broken but ridiculous good when she gets u, and u can't jump or neutral duck her throws so it's 1 out of 4 guess that she's safe on, even kidigital and dab will admit that
What do you mean 1 out of 4? Upon a restand, she can do a low, overhead, or throw. What's the 4th option?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not that I disagree, but how is that different than any of the other vortexes? Guessing is guessing regardless of the character applying it. I wouldn't call it broken when so many characters do the same thing. Only difference is that she comes with a weaker overall toolset to accompany hers.

Though I do think she is significantly better than given credit.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just wanted to say, thanks for stayin' and helping me out here. Any other idea what is a very well character to use?
SG and FA Jacqui are both underrated characters. You can win with them if you learn them. They play very differently but both can overwhelm opponents to win.

I'd say she has the best vortex since its meterless and safe. Would you agree? And I think each vortex combo is around 38% but can't remember exactly I know it's high damage

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I'd say she has the best vortex since its meterless and safe. Would you agree? And I think each vortex combo is around 38% but can't remember exactly I know it's high damage
Meterless and safe? Or safe with meter? iirc the OH (b2) doesn't combo with reg dust. So I think you need to do bf2 which is hella - on block. The low is hit confirmable so it's safe vs everyone but Cassie, Lao and reptile if you do just raw b33. I'm not sure if reg dust combos/restands off b33, or if their is a gap between b33 and df2 (the straight shot) or b33 dust. I'm no shotgun expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. As for her vortex being stronger than others, I'm not sure, but she does get a lot of damage off of it.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Meterless and safe? Or safe with meter? iirc the OH (b2) doesn't combo with reg dust. So I think you need to do bf2 which is hella - on block. The low is hit confirmable so it's safe vs everyone but Cassie, Lao and reptile if you do just raw b33. I'm not sure if reg dust combos/restands off b33, or if their is a gap between b33 and df2 (the straight shot) or b33 dust. I'm no shotgun expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. As for her vortex being stronger than others, I'm not sure, but she does get a lot of damage off of it.
You can definitely do B2-DF2, but it ends there. Only a 2-hit combo with a knockdown.

I don't believe there is a gap in B33-DF2 or B33-DB2, but ending with DB2 is definitely unsafe on block. The only gap I know for sure is 11-DF2.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I don't know but she's up with him, meterless and safe cmon, or she's got second at least but like tweedy said play kidigital and you'll see
Summoner Quan can basically do an overhead and low (or vice versa) at almost the same time, which is super hard to block... not nearly as difficult as blocking Shotgun.

Summoner Quan can basically do an overhead and low (or vice versa) at almost the same time, which is super hard to block... not nearly as difficult as blocking Shotgun.
Lol I'm bit out out of it, summoner Quan the best and then Jackie , I was just thinking about his low runetrap setups and not puggles. Regardless she's deffo got second best in the game