What's new

Match-up Discussion How on earth do we break Batman?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Okay, without a doubt Batman feels like the Hardest possible character to beat as Bane, it seems the moment i'm down on life and he has the lead, he's ridiculously hard to get in on, and just turtles until you make a mistake, or wins on a timeout.

the Remote control bats make any special unsafe no matter what, and also make pressuring him very risky.

the Parry beats charge on reaction no matter where on screen you do it, i haven't tested whether level 3 venom charge beats it yet, however.

Batman being one of the characters with fast standing normals means certain Bane frametraps dont work on him. (or so it seems, can anyone confirm?)

the batarangs hit twice so completely nullify level 1/2 venom armour. and entering level 3 against batman becomes terrifying when it runs out, as he hits for so much damage off of practically every hitconfirm.

Does this feel bad for anyone else or am i just playing this like a moron? Both Batman/Bane mains, help me out here!

Yeah this is a pretty hard mu. im not saying its a bad match up at this point but i feel your pain.
just keep trying to close distance, batman can't escape the corner as easily on bane. so if hes zoning try to keep moving in on him.
Iv used Venom relapse to bate batman in, but I don't recommend it really. hard knock downs are important to keep pressuring when you get the chance.
Bane beats Bats in the poking game. End strings with charge to keep em in that D1 range. D1 Grab is pretty good on batman because if he back dashes away from the grab, he can't punish(I think) without bats out.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yeah this is a pretty hard mu. im not saying its a bad match up at this point but i feel your pain.
just keep trying to close distance, batman can't escape the corner as easily on bane. so if hes zoning try to keep moving in on him.
Iv used Venom relapse to bate batman in, but I don't recommend it really. hard knock downs are important to keep pressuring when you get the chance.
Bane beats Bats in the poking game. End strings with charge to keep em in that D1 range. D1 Grab is pretty good on batman because if he back dashes away from the grab, he can't punish(I think) without bats out.
Closing distance is the hard part in this matchup imo. i know batman's parry doesn't beat banes b1/b2 so it's good that at least Bane has that in his pressure, i'd end every combo i had in double punches for better positioning if it didn't shave so much damage off them.

back dashi
Closing distance is the hard part in this matchup imo.
totally, ending in throws puts him away. back dashing goes too far back. he beats armor charge.
his forward dash being so good is the saving grace, with banes great AA to keep pushing him towards the corner.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
I'm with you. Level 3 venom seems almost necessary against Batman. Just as it seems for Deathstroke, Sinestro , and Superman if you ask me. However I have less luck against Batman with level 3 cool down than I do DS, Sinestro, and Supes. With all the tools Batman has, he really didn't need those damn batarangs to cancel out level 1/2 venom.

Yea, I have a really hard time with Batman too. I felt the exact same way. I thought he was the hard counter to Bane. He can get in and out at will basically.

Cape parry stops Venom x3 charge. I'm pretty sure it's the same with every character who has a parry. He can basically sit back and toss batarangs until he sees x3 venom then just play it safe for a couple seconds.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Yea, I have a really hard time with Batman too. I felt the exact same way. I thought he was the hard counter to Bane. He can get in and out at will basically.

Cape parry stops Venom x3 charge. I'm pretty sure it's the same with every character who has a parry. He can basically sit back and toss batarangs until he sees x3 venom then just play it safe for a couple seconds.
I just ran into my first batman that used cape parry on my level 3 venom charge. Now I feel totally hopeless!)

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I called it last week! Batman is the near impossible match-up. Just inch up slowly and hope you can poke him to death. I'm still analyzing REO's games and it's really hard to find a gameplan against his high movement playstyle.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Meh. I mean batarangs are jump-able, you really don't need to venom through them. Yeah I know he can MB them for anti-air, but for 1 meter its not something he always has access to. On wake-up, if you snuff him once with double punch, you can basically grab or d.2 him since parry seems to be his next wake. You can also armor trough his slide kick if he ever uses it, and suprisingly double punch reaches allllll the way to thr ground to snag him. I really don't find it ~too hard~ because most of what bats has to get us either needs meter or can be avoided. Its just a matter of like in the comics... Exhaust him, corner him, snap his spine and watch him writhe.