What's new

Question how often do you use the B2 reset?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
i am getting pretty good at timing the B2 after freeze and i almost get it every time now without opponent being able to escape, adds good damage and also offers mind games with cancelling. I was curious how often do you guys use it?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
situational. rarely. if you see me do that, its because I got nothing left to lose....expect an ice puddle set up as well :) #gobigorgohome

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Qwark28 ... will u be online this friday or saturday? ... I might arrange a few matches between you and Avalanche here :) ... he's my practice buddy u know :p

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
i am getting pretty good at timing the B2 after freeze and i almost get it every time now without opponent being able to escape, adds good damage and also offers mind games with cancelling. I was curious how often do you guys use it?
Practice Kuh Bahl !

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I do it on people who have wakeups that suck. They typically won't wakeup attack and eat it.

I use the cancel alot of b1,2,1 to get people to poke. STB knows about my tactics...... not really wanting to post it up here.

This has already been stated, B2 is best in my opinion when used in 2 scenarios.

1. Anti-Breaker

2. QUICKLY CANCELED into 22/212 after B121.

Although, I have had a lot of success doing NJP, B12, B2 full charge off of an air clone. If they don't tech roll (or are in the corner anyway) and their wakeup is not on point, I have seen this beat out practically every non-enhanced wakeup in the game.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This has already been stated, B2 is best in my opinion when used in 2 scenarios.

1. Anti-Breaker

2. QUICKLY CANCELED into 22/212 after B121.

Although, I have had a lot of success doing NJP, B12, B2 full charge off of an air clone. If they don't tech roll (or are in the corner anyway) and their wakeup is not on point, I have seen this beat out practically every non-enhanced wakeup in the game.
number 2 is when I use it the most...... but I vary how quickly i do the cancel based on how I think they are going to react.
Some players "know" you can't do much about it (save armor) so they'll just continue to block....

in any case... I very RARELY use the full b2 charge outside of the corner... because you can tech roll the heck out of it and punish easily.

I'd post my thought process.... but my madness would probably get blown up by conventional wisdom (trust me.... i sometimes wonder)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
number 2 is when I use it the most...... but I vary how quickly i do the cancel based on how I think they are going to react.
Some players "know" you can't do much about it (save armor) so they'll just continue to block....

in any case... I very RARELY use the full b2 charge outside of the corner... because you can tech roll the heck out of it and punish easily.

I'd post my thought process.... but my madness would probably get blown up by conventional wisdom (trust me.... i sometimes wonder)
I remember a time.....when you WERE GOING TO MAKE A GODDAMN VIDEO.

<3

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I only use it if it's the final round and he's low on health and I've frozen him but he has a breaker and I have my x-ray. I'll hit the B2 reset, and then X-Ray. Opponent never has a chance to break when doing this.
they can just jump or poke the B2, unless you mean when you actually hit with it

Yeah, it's all about reads. In long sets, sometimes I'll pull out the full charge.

Other times, I'll just not charge OR cancel the B2 and just let it go. Most people don't seem to realize that A) it's an overhead, B) it's +12 on hit and C) if it hits while they were trying to jump out, you can combo off of it because it produces the same floaty gravity as standing 4.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah, it's all about reads. In long sets, sometimes I'll pull out the full charge.

Other times, I'll just not charge OR cancel the B2 and just let it go. Most people don't seem to realize that A) it's an overhead, B) it's +12 on hit and C) if it hits while they were trying to jump out, you can combo off of it because it produces the same floaty gravity as standing 4.
someone who finally found out the gravity thing outside of myself and mentioned it.
kudos to you.