What's new

How much fun are you having after patch 1.17?

How much fun

• Much better

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Same for me

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • Uninstalled

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm not really understanding how staggers get nerfed from this. To buffer the attack out of block stun, you'd have to guess when the string would be ending. If you're reacting, the buffer window is already gone, right?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I'm not really understanding how staggers get nerfed from this. To buffer the attack out of block stun, you'd have to guess when the string would be ending. If you're reacting, the buffer window is already gone, right?
It just means defenders buttons out of block have a bigger window to actually come out
With noob for instance his 113 punish would come out as 1 gap 3 and i get blown up for attempting a punish. Now its consistent ..
Also has anyone noticed a difference in wave dashing? Cause ive been doing it a lot better since the patch .. could just be placebo effect though

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
It just means defenders buttons out of block have a bigger window to actually come out
With noob for instance his 113 punish would come out as 1 gap 3 and i get blown up for attempting a punish. Now its consistent ..
Also has anyone noticed a difference in wave dashing? Cause ive been doing it a lot better since the patch .. could just be placebo effect though
I swear I've noticed a difference in ease of breakaway

Dashing is better yes. And now I don't mistime doing 113 after a successful d3 and I'm getting those beautiful punishes more consistently.

You can also jail 113 after a successful d1 but the timing is tricky. Guess I'll stick with d3 to jail with 113 and do B1 after a successful d1.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Yeah, that's the intent and it also makes it much easier to poke out of frame traps than before, but I keep hearing people say that it "nerfs staggers" and I don't know where they're getting that idea.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yeah, that's the intent and it also makes it much easier to poke out of frame traps than before, but I keep hearing people say that it "nerfs staggers" and I don't know where they're getting that idea.
I think tweedy is just salty that he gronded the hell out of the game to get where he is and now us lowly scrubs can also do it without his grind.. id be salty too lol

KHTC Jink

Don’t even
I think I can speak for all when I say I REALLLLY want grabs to STOP SUCKING UP BUTTONS. One thing mkx had over this game is that if you’re in block stun and read a throw, but you’re not confident to duck it so you d4, you would still be considered crouching and go under the throw with your poke.
In this game, I find my d4’s just getting swallowed up by grabs, not to mention other buttons but that’s not as common. There is NOTHING more frustrating than reading a throw with a down 4 but somehow still getting thrown and then getting an ‘Escape Failed’ so now they have their KB.

Zviko

Noob
I think I can speak for all when I say I REALLLLY want grabs to STOP SUCKING UP BUTTONS. One thing mkx had over this game is that if you’re in block stun and read a throw, but you’re not confident to duck it so you d4, you would still be considered crouching and go under the throw with your poke.
In this game, I find my d4’s just getting swallowed up by grabs, not to mention other buttons but that’s not as common. There is NOTHING more frustrating than reading a throw with a down 4 but somehow still getting thrown and then getting an ‘Escape Failed’ so now they have their KB.
You don't speak for all. I mentioned this a couple of times and got yelled at, called names for it etc.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
It gives the opponent a bigger window to poke out of. Idk how big of an impact thatll really be but it looks like if someone tries to poke out on reaction they'll be able to do that more consistently

I'm thinking they might want to adjust the frames on a few moves. Consistent punishment is good, but I dont know if you should eat a full combo for using a string to poke with. People cited Tekken but a strong jab punish was like an actual character feature and in most cases doesnt lead to a full 30-40% combo.

MK's general rhythm is pretty weird compared to other fighters

xKMMx

Banned
I'll finally get an hour or two to play tonight after work. I'm really glad to see that this patch has seemed to improve the game enough that some players that had left the game are back.

xKMMx

Banned
Everything feels better.
I feel more enthusiastic and confident just knowing that huge chunk of the bullshit has been worked out.
Both my characters rely on their B1 to survive, and now punishing and not getting mashed out of my turn are more consistent across the board.
Great step forward.
Honestly this is the thing I wanted to change more than anything, Getting locked out of punish windows on unsafe shit made this game feel so clunky and stiff that I just hated it. Sounds like frame data finally makes sense so I cannot wait to get on and see if the game feels noticeably better to me. I cant believe Im actually excited to play this game again,.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'll finally get an hour or two to play tonight after work. I'm really glad to see that this patch has seemed to improve the game enough that some players that had left the game are back.
I feel like theyve been gradually reducing the amount of playing around the game you have to do. Honest to god the moment I stopped playing MK11 was when I was playing Kotal v Kitana (hate that matchup) and I did a cross over jump that got anti aired with a mashed out Fatal Blow when I was already behind her. Legit pulled the disc out right then and there

I'm having a decent amount of fun with Kotal. He's got some decent tools. I'm still waiting for the blood totem in the Kitty Kotal variation and the defense totem in Blood God to get sped up a bit. I still want to see b2 sped up a little bit but otherwise he's a decent character, fun to play.

Absolutely necessary to be able jail d3 into 12.

However, for Buluc especially, if you're playing someone who knows that you can flawless block yecame disk amp then he goes from A tier to C tier.

Last edited:

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'm having a decent amount of fun with Kotal. He's got some decent tools. I'm still waiting for the blood totem in the Kitty Kotal variation and the defense totem in Blood God to get sped up a bit. I still want to see b2 sped up a little bit but otherwise he's a decent character, fun to play.

Absolutely necessary to be able d3 into 12.

However, for Buluc especially, if you're playing someone who knows that you can flawless block yecame disk amp then he goes from A tier to C tier.
Dont quote me on this but I think regular disc beats them if they go for the flawless block. I only started using it when I picked the game back up.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I think I can speak for all when I say I REALLLLY want grabs to STOP SUCKING UP BUTTONS.
Errrrm, yeah. I stopped playing back in early December, and the last match I played (offline with a friend) I got thrown out of D1s 4 times in one match. I'm still incredulous that throws ever connect on ducking/downpoking characters, much less multiple times in the same match.

xKMMx

Banned
I feel like theyve been gradually reducing the amount of playing around the game you have to do. Honest to god the moment I stopped playing MK11 was when I was playing Kotal v Kitana (hate that matchup) and I did a cross over jump that got anti aired with a mashed out Fatal Blow when I was already behind her. Legit pulled the disc out right then and there
Same man. That's what I've always felt was unenjoyable about the game. I have to fight my opponent and the games clunky ass mechanics. If that's no longer an issue im gonna be really stoked. I've wanted to like this game so bad because its the first game I've been a part of since launch

xKMMx

Banned

Absolutely necessary to be able jail d3 into 12.

Ive always had a problem against Kotal. THank you for instantly making me feel like there is another way for me to get around him.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Ive always had a problem against Kotal. THank you for instantly making me feel like there is another way for me to get around him.
Idk who you're playing now but if you have a long range D4 that'll be a really good way to stop him from advancing. The thing that balances his F24 string out is that he moves his whole hurtbox forward so a preemptive D4 from just inside his range is a good way to shut it down.

Idk who you're playing now but if you have a long range D4 that'll be a really good way to stop him from advancing. The thing that balances his F24 string out is that he moves his whole hurtbox forward so a preemptive D4 from just inside his range is a good way to shut it down.
Yeah that's pretty much how people who know the MU keep f24 at bay. Good d4s and good dash blocking are the bane of my existence.