What's new

How is MK9 compared to IGAU?

If you enjoy Deathstroke for being a hybrid zoner/rushdown character then you will probably like Liu Kang the most. His low fireball and air fireballs are great for zoning/counted zoning and his mixup game is pretty good with a fast low starter leading to corner carrying 35% combos. He also has some ok but somewhat limited high low mixups with f3 and 213/21 ex low fireball.

Honestly, the biggest difference in my opinion between MK9 and injustice (besides interactibles and traits) is the footsies game. In MK9, characters have to learn to counter poke effectively to get out of pressure and pressure is a lot of times based on keeping an opponent in block stun to rack up chip. Dash blocking allows you to get in quickly against most characters and even if your character does not have a good advancing normal, you can cancel a dash into a move effectively giving you a lot more range. In injustice, quick advancing normals dominate and footsies is based mostly on staying in your best moves range as well as jumping in on opponents and backdashing the opponents moves then wiff punishing. That's just my opinion on the games so don't blow me up. MK9 definitely has a better story though, and challenge tower is a bit better than star labs

ryublaze

Noob
Injustice combos are a bit more strict than MK9's and MK9 combos have more possibilities because of dash cancelling and a lot of moves being able to cancel into specials.

A character similar to Deathstroke...idk but a lot of Scorpion players from MK9 use Deathstroke now (Slips, Vagrant, MIT, me) probably because they look similar and badass.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
MK9 built with more balance than IGAU, seriously lol
I am not having a go, but what is your reasoning? I am not a top player in either game but pretty sue their are more 7 3's in mk then in injustice. I am not up playing injustice at all but I think it's a better product overall. Better net code, etc etc.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Play Freddy, he is a complete zoner. I would suggest Kenshi who is another zoner but he outright literally destroys characters so you would be bored after playing him so much.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
PC version's netcode is good imo.
Btw i recommend you to play Kabal, i know he's OP :p but it feels so good when you can master his IAF and his Nomad Dash Cancel.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
The really stupid thing about injustice is how safe and braindead so much stuff is. Mortal Kombat basically everything had consequences. You mess up, you are in trouble. Injustice is full of safe 50/50 guessing games, oh that didn't work, well let me try it again and see what happens.

MK things like Kung Lao's spin, Kabals dash cancels, Reptiles dash all punishable if you were fast enough, Injustice, Batgirls Cartwheel, MMH's teleport, GL's machine gun, Batman's trait + jump ins all seem to have no consequence to just rinse and repeat. Most people playing MK on autopilot get demolished, injustice that's the standard procedure.

Now I like injustice, I'm not trying to hate on it, I just hate that they take the thinking out of matches in so many aspects.

Minh Giang

The really stupid thing about injustice is how safe and braindead so much stuff is. Mortal Kombat basically everything had consequences. You mess up, you are in trouble. Injustice is full of safe 50/50 guessing games, oh that didn't work, well let me try it again and see what happens.

MK things like Kung Lao's spin, Kabals dash cancels, Reptiles dash all punishable if you were fast enough, Injustice, Batgirls Cartwheel, MMH's teleport, GL's machine gun, Batman's trait + jump ins all seem to have no consequence to just rinse and repeat. Most people playing MK on autopilot get demolished, injustice that's the standard procedure.

Now I like injustice, I'm not trying to hate on it, I just hate that they take the thinking out of matches in so many aspects.
yeah, i really love that 50/50s in MK are not always safe, sometime you need to risk, like Kabal's F4 x ND/NDC or Scorpion's vortex.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
yeah, i really love that 50/50s in MK are not always safe, sometime you need to risk, like Kabal's F4 x ND/NDC or Scorpion's vortex.
Scorpion could get punished if he got blocked by pretty much anyone, f4 or b2 were totally punishable. You can armor special through things like Kabal's ndc, Cage's F3's with most characters to get them out of your face. With injustice I can mbb3 and still likely get hit plus lose a bar because of the amount of hits characters specials can toss out. At least in MK spending a bar was worth something.

Error

DF2+R2
MK9 has random block advantage, input bug, no oki, Kabal, Kenshi, way less viable characters and resets.

Minh Giang

Scorpion could get punished if he got blocked by pretty much anyone, f4 or b2 were totally punishable. You can armor special through things like Kabal's ndc, Cage's F3's with most characters to get them out of your face. With injustice I can mbb3 and still likely get hit plus lose a bar because of the amount of hits characters specials can toss out. At least in MK spending a bar was worth something.
yep, i don't know why so many people hate armor in MK lol, ok maybe they think some are not really balanced but to me at least with 1 bar it is worth, shit, i wish Mileena's EX roll could have armor ;___; ...

Error

DF2+R2
yep, i don't know why so many people hate armor in MK lol, ok maybe they think some are not really balanced but to me at least with 1 bar it is worth, shit, i wish Mileena's EX roll could have armor ;___; ...
It was because instead of giving characters buffs/fixes everyone save a few characters were just given armor.

LiangHuBBB

Warrior
PC version's netcode is good imo.
Btw i recommend you to play Kabal, i know he's OP :p but it feels so good when you can master his IAF and his Nomad Dash Cancel.

I will be getting the PC version next weekend. From what I have read the netcode on PSN is not too good.
Will be trying out a few characters which have been suggested to see which play style fits the best for me.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
Hey LiangHuBBB these are the chars you should try out: Liu Kang,Freddy,and Kenshi.

Now the reason you should play MK9:
1. Overall more balance than Injustice(yea I said it :p)
2.Most combos in MK9 are a little easier then Injustice.
3.The movement in MK9 is faster,better AA,footies are better and simplier

P.S Big fan of your youtube channel :) and are you gonna play on PS3 (I play on there so I was just wondering

ryublaze

Noob
You might find most of the players from TYM on PSN. idk I haven't played the xbox and pc versions. Either way not many people play MK9 anymore but we've been doing weekly lobbies and KOTHs on PSN and in the future on XBL.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I am not having a go, but what is your reasoning? I am not a top player in either game but pretty sue their are more 7 3's in mk then in injustice. I am not up playing injustice at all but I think it's a better product overall. Better net code, etc etc.
I wasn't either I was agreeing with you, MK9 is way unbalanced compared to IGAU, I am no top player either sorry if it came off as being rude my bad. I just thought your remark towards the other claiming MK9 had more balance was funny. 90% resets is ungodly