What's new

How is Kratos sh*t tier?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
He can combo after his parry? Thats so stupid! If CSZ could do that I would be undefeated lol

People need to get over his parry. Its not even that fucking good. CSZ can combo after EX parry, but the trade is his parry is instantaneous. Kratos's is not. Seeing as most people can just sweep kick/low poke him to death the only other option for Kratos is to land a jump in punch and then combo from that. The only reason I do well with Kratos online is because the people I play probably don't have matchup experience and die to parry combos. I've mentioned in his thread that he has the highest damage to input ratio I've seen in this game. Freddy might actually be better in this regard now but Kratos is still strong as hell. He's shit tier because he's so damn slow and predictable its silly.

PhAzE213

Brotherhood of Shadows
ok i must say something here, kratos is my main sub, and whether my opponent has exp fighting kratos or not i still win 80% of my matches with him....why?

1. parry is insane, you can combo, or just put them on the or side of the screen, parries grabs, projectiles, normals, specials with no armor, and jump ins.
2. everyone complains about how slow he is, well he is not a rusher, if he were fast he would be too OP'ed. a GOOD kratos will bombard you with arrows which do 14% damage, more than a throw, force the jump in, parry into combo and punish for about 40%
3. f+2,db+2 almost always hits, if you roll on wakeup it hits, if you block low it hits, if your wakeup attack doesnt have armor or is super quick it hits, and from f+2,db+2 expect to take about 40-55% damage or use 2 bars for a breaker
4. Dash cancel......c'mon.....close to broken

anyway he is not shit tier, he is definitely upper mid-top tier depending on the user, dont think so challenge my kratos.

p.s. his only weakness is newbs who syke themselves out and spam parry and leave onenings.

ok i must say something here, kratos is my main sub, and whether my opponent has exp fighting kratos or not i still win 80% of my matches with him....why?

1. parry is insane, you can combo, or just put them on the or side of the screen, parries grabs, projectiles, normals, specials with no armor, and jump ins.
2. everyone complains about how slow he is, well he is not a rusher, if he were fast he would be too OP'ed. a GOOD kratos will bombard you with arrows which do 14% damage, more than a throw, force the jump in, parry into combo and punish for about 40%
3. f+2,db+2 almost always hits, if you roll on wakeup it hits, if you block low it hits, if your wakeup attack doesnt have armor or is super quick it hits, and from f+2,db+2 expect to take about 40-55% damage or use 2 bars for a breaker
4. Dash cancel......c'mon.....close to broken

anyway he is not shit tier, he is definitely upper mid-top tier depending on the user, dont think so challenge my kratos.

p.s. his only weakness is newbs who syke themselves out and spam parry and leave onenings.

Would love to see some vids. Don't think i've ever seen a really competitive Kratos. Faced a few good ones though.

Really wish people would learn him for casuals though. He's an awsome character, shame you never see him.

PhAzE213

Brotherhood of Shadows
hmmm dont have a way to record, and it looks weird when i try to record on my phone.
ill look for some vids on youtube and post a thread here.

Beat11

The Improvisor
Well, if he can combo off of a insanely fast parry and do 50% combo, Dash through pokes with armor, Parry even projectiles and pressure wake up excellenty, It is a good thing he is banned or he would have been nerfed to hell.

PhAzE213

Brotherhood of Shadows
correct he is banned for a reason, only reason he is my sub, hes close to broken, almost worhty of a hat! lol

After playing with Kratos, I can say that he is NOT shit tier. He can do easy 35% meterless combos, and easy 45% 1 meter combos. His projectile, the bow, is amazing, even if it has sub-par anti-air properties. His parry is only half as good as Cyber Sub's up close, as it doesn't deal as much damage and isn't instant. That said, it can parry projectiles, similar to Nightwolf and Kenshi's reflect moves.

The bad thing about him, as said by other people, is that he's slow as crap. Slow, but a brick shithouse. In other words, he's like Sheeva, but good. Oh, and one last thing: no mix-ups or low combo starters. That said, I think he's mid-tier, because the lack of either a low combo starter or a basic low combo hurts anybody's game. Just look at Smoke.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm not offended at people using the word retarded. I'm offended at people being pricks for absolutely no reason.
Where in the southeast are you? We have tourneys all the time - you should come to one in atlanta

And about this thread: kratos is shit tier ONLY because he is banned in every tourney known to man therefor he is completely a waste of time to learn IMO

Other than that he's good

galindo

Noob
Kratos has has to parry a projectile or use EX Parry to start a combo. Normal parry on a melee attack/throw just knocks down and doesn't do much damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.
you are incorrect you can combo off of any parry as long as youre close enough, you just have to dash soon after the parry