What's new

How is Kratos sh*t tier?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I play Xbox so its irrelevant, but I’m just curious. He looks really good with very high meterless combos. What’s so bad about him?

I play Xbox so its irrelevant, but I’m just curious. He looks really good with very high meterless combos. What’s so bad about him?
I'm not sure actually, hes actually annoying as hell in thhe right hands. I think he's also got one of the best parries in the game -_-
well i guess online makes him god-tier lol.

aj1701

Noob
I dunno, I think he's underrated. He gets trashed for being a guest character, and no one is putting time into him because he's a console exclusive.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
I dunno, I think he's underrated. He gets trashed for being a guest character, and no one is putting time into him because he's a console exclusive.
I tend to agree... Sheeva's not much faster than he his, and she doesn't have anything half as crazy as Kratos's combos or his parry. We'll probably never know his real tier standing because nobody cares.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm not sure actually, hes actually annoying as hell in thhe right hands. I think he's also got one of the best parries in the game -_-
well i guess online makes him god-tier lol.
The part I bolded is completely untrue.

Yes, Kratos can be annoying in the right hands and his parry is indeed godlike as it can deflect physical attacks and projectiles regardless of whether you enhance it or not. The problem with him, however, is the speed of his normal attacks. They come out quite slow. His uppercut is slow, his sweep is slow, and he can't even pressure persistently from up-close. Also I may be wrong on this, but it does not look like he has any low combo starters which hurts his mix-up game more.

And when you add the input delays from online, Kratos's normals get quite crippled. His special attacks give him his strength.

To be fair, I'm not competitive with Kratos, so I may be wrong, just that I've messed around with the character in Training Mode and it seems his normal attacks come out quite slow. Now his specials are a different story, but even then they seem easy to anticipate for those who can keep their spacing and play defensively.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Kratos is banned tier, he's simply irrelevant and not worth your time. His parry is broken good, though.

JrK

Probably Drunk
Yeah stupid fucking parry spammers are the worst. So frustrating. Not hard to get by once you time it, but just an incredible waste of time.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Yeah stupid fucking parry spammers are the worst. So frustrating. Not hard to get by once you time it, but just an incredible waste of time.
Aye... for you Xboxers who just don't know, Kratos' parry is up there with hatspin and Raiden's teleport. Pretty sure has the most lenient startup/active frames/recovery of any parry in the game by a good margin, and it beats nearly every attack. So we have this character who can't pressure and can't be pressured, who can punish for like 50% damage yet is wide open for punishment himself, slowing the game to a crawl. Maybe it's just salt, but he's got such a wonky character design that I'm glad he's banned.

Parry isn't that bad. Yeah it's unblockable but the parry attack is easily avoidable and on whiff, easily punishable. The damage it does isn't much either.

Kratos isn't shit tier, he's mid tier at best (if we're gonna go by tier lists). He can do decent damage in just a few hits.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Aye... for you Xboxers who just don't know, Kratos' parry is up there with hatspin and Raiden's teleport. Pretty sure has the most lenient startup/active frames/recovery of any parry in the game by a good margin, and it beats nearly every attack. So we have this character who can't pressure and can't be pressured, who can punish for like 50% damage yet is wide open for punishment himself, slowing the game to a crawl. Maybe it's just salt, but he's got such a wonky character design that I'm glad he's banned.
Man, I hate his slow down God of War-esque combos. Those fucking things mess up my timings. I'm glad he's banned, as well.

Krator isn't shit tier, he's mid tier at best (if we're gonna go by tier lists). He can do decent damage in just a few hits.
Right, but Kratos is irrelevant tier. Why bother with him if you're aspiring to be a competitive player and play locally? Which, inevitably you'll have to do, since online has far too many limitations - you'll receive basic matchup knowledge but it'll never compare to offline where said character will never see the light of day due to being PS3 exclusive.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Pretty much this, he may have some decent stuff that doesn't make him as ass as everybody likes to say, but at the end of the day noone really cares for him so he can just be labeled as irrelevant tier.

As an Xbox player:
We get a crappy D-pad, you get Kratos. Fair trade IMO.
You guys get a crappy D-pad that instigates a lot of input error, and we get an extra kombatant that people don't care about when it comes to competitive play. I honestly don't know how you think this is a fair trade, but I'm glad you're ok with it. No point bitching.

Saint

Noob
The part I bolded is completely untrue.

Yes, Kratos can be annoying in the right hands and his parry is indeed godlike as it can deflect physical attacks and projectiles regardless of whether you enhance it or not. The problem with him, however, is the speed of his normal attacks. They come out quite slow. His uppercut is slow, his sweep is slow, and he can't even pressure persistently from up-close. Also I may be wrong on this, but it does not look like he has any low combo starters which hurts his mix-up game more.

And when you add the input delays from online, Kratos's normals get quite crippled. His special attacks give him his strength.

To be fair, I'm not competitive with Kratos, so I may be wrong, just that I've messed around with the character in Training Mode and it seems his normal attacks come out quite slow. Now his specials are a different story, but even then they seem easy to anticipate for those who can keep their spacing and play defensively.
He does insane pressure with his dash cancel, I've met 2 of those recently

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Well I wouldn't say he's shit tier. His combos are pretty good if you can get them started, the parry works great if someone is pressuring you, but if you abuse it it's easily punishable. He has a cool range attack and the tag combos with him are pretty high. The thing is he's quite slow, as in you have to guess a lot, and there aren't many good Kratos out there. I think he's mid tier at best.

Error

DF2+R2
Against people who've never fought him online he can be godlike, it's dumb that he can combo after his parry.

He loses to Xbox 0-100, just that simple. Besides, you can poke the fuck out of Kratos anyways since parry doesn't counter lows. His lows suck.
Cyber Sub Zeros pokes suck as well, but Im a boss with him. Besides, MK isnt about footsies. Occasional footsies? Yes. Using them frequently? No. Id rather use my mix-ups than pokes anyway

He failed to see humor, so i failed to be nice. Guess what? You're retarded too. And playpal, I only said the fair trade thing to be funny since Kratos is pretty crappy, and overall a shameful character added to the MK universe to make a few extra bucks. Making money is fine, but when you use a character as poorly designed as Kratos to do so, ugh. And I don't know what crawled up your pooper Rasenganfan, but you need to make like Sub Zero and chill.
So just because I didn't understand the joke, you decide to throw insults? Completely unnecessary, not to mention my post was good natured too. Context is very easily lost in text and considering your reasons as to why you hate Kratos, I figured your post wasn't a joke.