What's new

"How D'Vorah Has Changed in MK11" by GameInformer

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So cancel pressure is gone? Dont know how to feel. New moves do sound cool though.

I'm just worried all the cool execution stuff is gone and she's just gonna be a gimmicky nuisance.

Reading the article again, it looks like she just isnt a rushdown character by default. Lots of gimmicks and projectiles, but if F11 is gone you can kiss any hopes of quasi-mkx pressure goodbye.

Last edited:

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
NRS and their signature marketing strategy strikes again. Revealing a hyped character's unique moves in an article description when we'll see it in literally a couple of days. The people in the PR department must be on some of that good shit I swear lol.

Besides that, I'm curious to see this bug-vorah. First thing I thought of was "oh god atom's trait is back, but now it's a comeback mechanic", and NRS's history with hitboxes isn't the cleanest. They almost own the fact that some moves just don't act the way they were intended. But anyways, some questions that immediately pop into my head are; what would be the bug's winpose? Will the bug have its own fatal and/or brutalities or will it revive dvorah once it wins? Can you do fatals/brutals on bug-vorah?

Raider

Noob
NRS and their signature marketing strategy strikes again. Revealing a hyped character's unique moves in an article description when we'll see it in literally a couple of days. The people in the PR department must be on some of that good shit I swear lol.

Besides that, I'm curious to see this bug-vorah. First thing I thought of was "oh god atom's trait is back, but now it's a comeback mechanic", and NRS's history with hitboxes isn't the cleanest. They almost own the fact that some moves just don't act the way they were intended. But anyways, some questions that immediately pop into my head are; what would be the bug's winpose? Will the bug have its own fatal and/or brutalities or will it revive dvorah once it wins? Can you do fatals/brutals on bug-vorah?
Yeah, it really sucks that all these things about D'Vorah were revealed in a written article.
I can't stop wondering why they didn't give her gameplay trailer like most of the characters got.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Yeah, it really sucks that all these things about D'Vorah were revealed in a written article.
I can't stop wondering why they didn't give her gameplay trailer like most of the characters got.
I honestly dont think she was finished. GI couldn't even show a Cetrion brutality because it wasnt finished.

I feel so bad for the devs. They must be crunching hard and I hope NRS supports their employees mentally during crunch time.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dude, she sounds wack WTH

"There's an ability you can equip where, when she dies, one of her babies comes out of her, and you control the baby,” Brownback says. “It has its own moveset, and then [your opponent has] to kill the baby to actually kill her." The move takes up two of the three slots you can use to equip moves, however, so it’s a major gamble."

I can't wait to see all the threads named 'baby D combos'
I can't wait to see what the baby thing looks like, when I read that I laughed my ass off at first.

I'm curious to try her out because of her flying around dropping bug bombs on you. That sounds really annoying lol but have to see it in gameplay. I didn't use her in MK X but I personally am all for cancel pressure to be gone for everyone and anyone. Unless it's a flight move where you can cancel it to drop to the ground ie Ermac, Sindel etc, etc

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Bug thing sounds interesting. I wonder if it's just like some annoying ass minigame where you have to hit this small fly that's just stinging and spitting at you, or is it like a mini character.

And if you kill it, does D'Vorah stand up and you finish her? Or is she just immune to fatalities at that point.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Sounds interesting but if this Bug-vorah is not allowed competitively, then i aint interested...I ain't getting hyped for nothing babY.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I honestly dont think she was finished. GI couldn't even show a Cetrion brutality because it wasnt finished.

I feel so bad for the devs. They must be crunching hard and I hope NRS supports their employees mentally during crunch time.
It’s fucking peculiar though.

This game is almost 10 days away and there’s unfinished shit? Or is it finished and they keep showing off outdated builds? But why are they only showing old builds at this point?

And why don’t they have a solid schedule for this Kasts?

Everything about the lead up to release is so weird.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Imagine them waiting so long to show D'Vorah so they can hype up all these moves like flying and the bug baby, only for them to not be included in competitive.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Imagine them waiting so long to show D'Vorah so they can hype up all these moves like flying and the bug baby, only for them to not be included in competitive.
Considering they confirmed they’ll keep adding more competitive variations, if they aren’t at launch they will be eventually

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
The flying around and dropping bug bombs sounds dope af. I can't wait to see this irl. I don't think it will be too OD since this game has great AA potential (I'm looking at you Lao spin)

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
When you start to understand that their marketing "strategy" revolves around giving baby slices of exclusive info to various media outlets (IGN, PlayStation, Xbox, C2E2, GameInformer...) in exchange for what I assume is a fair amount, then it unironically makes more sense.

Espio

Kokomo
In my wishes for D'vorah, I was definitely rooting for flight so she's a major player on my character radar now.

Obnoxious ovipositor normals and flying around like a wasp? Yessss

Lokheit

Noob
Things I need answers about Bug Vorah:

- If you win with it, does D'Vorah get up to perform the fatality? Or all of his attacks end in brutality to prevent that?

- If the opponent wins, does D'Vorah get up to receive the fatality? Or the bug is automatically squeezed and brutalitied?

- What happens on the Bug Vorah versus Bug Vorah scenario?

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
It’s fucking peculiar though.

This game is almost 10 days away and there’s unfinished shit? Or is it finished and they keep showing off outdated builds? But why are they only showing old builds at this point?

And why don’t they have a solid schedule for this Kasts?

Everything about the lead up to release is so weird.
GameInformer went to NRS over a month ago for this content, so it makes sense that stuff was unfinished.
And the Kasts have been pretty consistent. I mean, they happen every week, on a wednesday, thursday, or friday always at 3:00PM CST. Or did you want them to host these every time the same day? That would be good but I don't think one day less or more makes that much of a difference.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I hope the attached bugs have a duration and the activation has proper startup frames like 12f or so.