What's new

Question How does Sinestros Reset Work?

Redk9

Noob
It's easy to see coming, but that doesn't make it easy to defend against. After the shackles, J2, D1, you're at enough hit advantage to do either D2 (A low) which leads to another combo into a reset, or a B2 (overhead) that leads to another full combo and the reset again. It also lets you get off a throw. It's basically one big mind game, you get them into the reset situation and then they either guess correctly or the reset continues.

The best part is if you have trait and a bar of meter, you can still protect yourself even if they guess correctly. So whilst they're blocking, you either Trait, MB Arachnid or MB Arachnid, Trait and they're back at fullscreen for you to start your zoning game again.
Since when has sinestro's down 2 been a low?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Try not to use shackles or d2 in super move combos. It significantly reduces the damage.
Uh, it was the only way to extend the combo. The entire reset relies on getting a shackles. Besides, that was meant to showcase the reset, not really anything else.

Not once did I d2.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
thats why you do b2 to force high block
Then you block low. There is plenty of time between arachnid-trait-mb arachnid to crouch after the b2. Thats what I am saying. Then you eat a full combo. So as long you are sure that the opponent won't crouch block after b2 then your ok, but once they realise they can crouch mb arachnid it stops this.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Then you block low. There is plenty of time between arachnid-trait-mb arachnid to crouch after the b2. Thats what I am saying. Then you eat a full combo. So as long you are sure that the opponent won't crouch block after b2 then your ok, but once they realise they can crouch mb arachnid it stops this.
its a mid tuesday

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
its a mid tuesday
Do you know if it is for arachnid-mb arachnid or both? I would think that only the regular version of arachnid would be mid and the mb arachnid projectile is still high. I guess we will have to wait to truly find out. Hopefully they will also fix his throw from 9% to 11%.

ApertureBlack

Pig Of The Hut
LizardLard

This is what I got out of that guaranteed one that y'all were talking about.

Combo #1: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=37% + B2,DF2(MB), 4 = 13% TOTAL 50% 2 TRAIT 1 METER
Combo #2: B1,3,B3,J3,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=30% + B2,DF2(MB),4=13% TOTAL 43% 1 TRAIT 1 METER
Combo #3: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J3,4,DB1,J2,D1=37% + B2,DF2(MB), 4 = 13% TOTAL 50% 3 TRAIT 1 METER

In the third combo I could've linked in a b1,2 before the db1 and that would make it do 40% to make the total reset damage 53%, but the timing was very hard for me.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut
LizardLard

This is what I got out of that guaranteed one that y'all were talking about.

Combo #1: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=37% + B2,DF2(MB), 4 = 13% TOTAL 50% 2 TRAIT 1 METER
Combo #2: B1,3,B3,J3,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=30% + B2,DF2(MB),4=13% TOTAL 43% 1 TRAIT 1 METER
Combo #3: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J3,4,DB1,J2,D1=37% + B2,DF2(MB), 4 = 13% TOTAL 50% 3 TRAIT 1 METER

In the third combo I could've linked in a b1,2 before the db1 and that would make it do 40% to make the total reset damage 53%, but the timing was very hard for me.
Awesome

Yea #2 is my BNB

Pig Of The Hut

Well true, I just use the d1 b2 one first and if they block that ill just go for the guaranteed.

Simply amazing what such simple things do
im finding w trait out b13 on block into trait shot to make safe into b213 hits in some fashion everytime

you can try b2 to see if ti hits to confirm to combo .

ApertureBlack

Is there anything else important that I am missing? Just wanting to know.

Also looking forwards to Tues, with the apparent Sinestro buffs, too bad I play on Wii U and will have to wait for em :(
Guess ill play on my friends xbox for a bit.