What's new

Question How does Sinestros Reset Work?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Hey, I have heard people talking about a reset that Sinestro has. Having learned grundys easy one, can someone please explain what the reset is or how it should be used? Like is it guaranteed?

Hey, I have heard people talking about a reset that Sinestro has. Having learned grundys easy one, can someone please explain what the reset is or how it should be used? Like is it guaranteed?
It is not guarenteed. You use it as an alternative combo ender to gain mixup options right at the end if a combo instead of going for like 4% or 5% more guaranteed damage. It leaves you plus on hit and keeps your opponent standing, which gives you tons of options and a great chance to get reset damage.

After landing a shackles(db1) in a combo that leaves them within jump-in distance (for example b13,b3, ji3, b12 xx shackles or b13, ji2, 22 xx shackles), follow it with ji2, d1. This leaves them standing and gives you a good amount of hit advantage. You can follow with a b213, another d1 (xx shackles), a d3, go right into another b13, throw, armored b3, f2d1 xx shackles, etc.

ApertureBlack

Mmk, seems moderately useful, but I probably wont seriously incorporate it due to the easy see it coming. Thanks for the help.

It's easy to see coming, but that doesn't make it easy to defend against. After the shackles, J2, D1, you're at enough hit advantage to do either D2 (A low) which leads to another combo into a reset, or a B2 (overhead) that leads to another full combo and the reset again. It also lets you get off a throw. It's basically one big mind game, you get them into the reset situation and then they either guess correctly or the reset continues.

The best part is if you have trait and a bar of meter, you can still protect yourself even if they guess correctly. So whilst they're blocking, you either Trait, MB Arachnid or MB Arachnid, Trait and they're back at fullscreen for you to start your zoning game again.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It is not guarenteed. You use it as an alternative combo ender to gain mixup options right at the end if a combo instead of going for like 4% or 5% more guaranteed damage. It leaves you plus on hit and keeps your opponent standing, which gives you tons of options and a great chance to get reset damage.
its guarenteed w trait

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Explain

I R Confuse
Dude i wrote all this out in that thread

Do a combo (ex 37%)
when you shackle them end it w ji2 d1 (this is +14 on hit) ALLOWING you to do a b2 right after (which they can block however it guarentees arachnid on block which you then MB trait shot to make safe...MB then hits.

this is one way

If b2 hits after the d1 then its 2 shackles, d1 shackles or shackles for a reset.

Either way at minimum they will take an additional 15% possibly 27% added to your existing combo damage which in this case was 37%. Giving you a total damage of 52% for only a trait shot up to 64% with an oppoertunity to do it ALL again especially if you have a trait shot you could max out around 90%+

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I have a bad feeling Sinestro is going to fear-monger his way to a very high pedestal in this game.

I said it when I first saw the fucking falling Wil E. Coyote Rock, but nobody believed me...

ApertureBlack

Actually going to your combos you recently did you could work on trying to maximize their damage using the ji2 d1 b2 arachnid trait shot reset
Im still a Noobstro atm, day 3 of ever using the guy. I did actually go through them with the non guaranteed reset one that was mentioned though. That will be up shortly.

Half this stuff I didn't know before this morning lol.

ApertureBlack

This is what I got out of the non guaranteed one. I know they aren't perfectly optimized for damage, but these are the ones I can do consistently now.

Combo #1: B1,3,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=29% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,B2,1,3=24% TOTAL 53%
Combo #2: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,B2,1,3=24% TOTAL 60% 1 TRAIT
Combo #3: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,4,J3,4,B2,1,3=32% TOTAL 68% 3 TRAIT
Combo #4: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,4,J3,4,SUPER=40% TOTAL 76% 3 TRAIT 4 METERS

Will make one with the guaranteed one later. Prob tomorrow.

Do either of you guys ApertureBlack Pig Of The Hut have a trick for the b13, b3, or is it really just practice makes perfect? I generally just hit b3 right after he stops glowing yellow and I would say that i get it 80% of the time in training, 70% of the time offline, and 50% of the time online, but its still not consistent enough for me to feel confident using it as my bnb. I just dont see the point of risking dropping a full combo, getting punished, and losing a precious full screen launch oppurtunity for an extra 5% damage if it is that tight of a link.

ApertureBlack I am really impressed at how fast you got that down and added to it. Great execution.

This is what I got out of the non guaranteed one. I know they aren't perfectly optimized for damage, but these are the ones I can do consistently now.

Combo #1: B1,3,B3,J2,B1,2,DB2,J2,D1=29% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,B2,1,3=24% TOTAL 53%
Combo #2: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB2,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,B2,1,3=24% TOTAL 60% 1 TRAIT
Combo #3: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB2,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,4,J3,4,B2,1,3=32% TOTAL 68% 3 TRAIT
Combo #4: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB2,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,4,J3,4,SUPER=40% TOTAL 76% 3 TRAIT 4 METERS

Just a tiny note, nothing major, But you're putting shackles down as DB2, rather than DB1.

ApertureBlack

Do either of you guys ApertureBlack Pig Of The Hut have a trick for the b13, b3, or is it really just practice makes perfect? I generally just hit b3 right after he stops glowing yellow and I would say that i get it 80% of the time in training, 70% of the time offline, and 50% of the time online, but its still not consistent enough for me to feel confident using it as my bnb. I just dont see the point of risking dropping a full combo, getting punished, and losing a precious full screen launch oppurtunity for an extra 5% damage if it is that tight of a link.

ApertureBlack I am really impressed at how fast you got that down and added to it. Great execution.
Its basically practice makes perfect for b1,3,b3, I usually note the position of the character for my timing. When they are at the peak/slightly falling of their hit from 3 I input the b3. I can get it every time offline, but cant do it online to save my butt. Its only useful if you don't want a 1 trait combo as you either don't have it or are playing really defensively.

Honestly I don't see any use of the b3 combo other if you have trait or want a reset, as B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,F1,D2,3=39%/42% with jump in 2, 1 TRAIT is my go to BnB currently.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!

Combo #1: B1,3,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=29% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,B2,1,3=24% TOTAL 53%
Combo #2: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,B2,1,3=24% TOTAL 60% 1 TRAIT
Combo #3: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,4,J3,4,B2,1,3=32% TOTAL 68% 3 TRAIT
Combo #4: B1,3,J3,4,B3,J2,B1,2,DB1,J2,D1=36% + B2,DB1,B3,J3,4,J3,4,SUPER=40% TOTAL 76% 3 TRAIT 4 METERS

Try not to use shackles or d2 in super move combos. It significantly reduces the damage.