What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Quan Chi How does Quan chi deal with Raiden,

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
I dont have a problem with raiden, just stay out of the corner, if he isnt displacer, zone him heavily, all variations work since quan is ridiculously strong, ill recommend summoner of course, since its the easiest one and the most effective, DO NOT JUMP IN, his njp is godlike and quan is nowhere near as good as raiden in the air, raidens game is based on rushdown, be very careful when he runs up to you, just make him play your game, you have great tools to make him work for it
If he traps you in the corner you are pretty much dead, nothing will get you out of there, do not use the ex tele unless its completely necessary, you seriously dont want to be in the corner with no meter, 2 wrongs guesses and thats it, remember to punish everything, his overhead is super punishable, i usually do b2 ex rune to make it safe just in case, raiden low string is safe so stay blocking, use your d3 a lot in certain strings that arent really frame traps, i think its -1, convert d3 into ex rune, not a real string but it helps a lot, either they dont block the rune and you get a free combo or a double 50/50 with the bat or they block and you are + a lot i think its +18, not really sure, but you are hella positive, for another 50/50
Seriously quan is too good, just be patient, block a lot, raidens tent to use the superman or whatever is called way too much, thats his tool to put you in the corner and last bait his jump ins and runs in with your own njp which is really fucking good too, hope this helps

tra101

Noob
I dont have a problem with raiden, just stay out of the corner, if he isnt displacer, zone him heavily, all variations work since quan is ridiculously strong, ill recommend summoner of course, since its the easiest one and the most effective, DO NOT JUMP IN, his njp is godlike and quan is nowhere near as good as raiden in the air, raidens game is based on rushdown, be very careful when he runs up to you, just make him play your game, you have great tools to make him work for it
If he traps you in the corner you are pretty much dead, nothing will get you out of there, do not use the ex tele unless its completely necessary, you seriously dont want to be in the corner with no meter, 2 wrongs guesses and thats it, remember to punish everything, his overhead is super punishable, i usually do b2 ex rune to make it safe just in case, raiden low string is safe so stay blocking, use your d3 a lot in certain strings that arent really frame traps, i think its -1, convert d3 into ex rune, not a real string but it helps a lot, either they dont block the rune and you get a free combo or a double 50/50 with the bat or they block and you are + a lot i think its +18, not really sure, but you are hella positive, for another 50/50
Seriously quan is too good, just be patient, block a lot, raidens tent to use the superman or whatever is called way too much, thats his tool to put you in the corner and last bait his jump ins and runs in with your own njp which is really fucking good too, hope this helps
I found quans warlock variation has a armored wake up which gets me out the corner and i will defiantly look forward to use your advice

BROJOB

Noob
Maybe it's just the people I've played, but it seems like the teleport is somewhat more effective vs. Raiden than other characters. It seems to beat his fly most of the time.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Maybe Sorcerer because you can place down an armoured rune to zone and get a combo, then do some 50/50's, if all else fails then Ketchup put a video up of how you can turn your combo into a touch of death situation with the chip rune. Do that.

;)

Last edited:
Maybe Summoner because you can place down an armoured rune to zone and get a combo, then do some 50/50's, if all else fails then Ketchup put a video up of how you can turn your combo into a touch of death situation with the chip rune. Do that.

;)
How can u confuse Sorcerer with summoner:eek::eek:???

Anyway the rune will help ya don't forget to move out of it and get back in to reset the armor

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
Don't get cornered, easy. Zone him out and try and bait the superman then punish for like 38+%

Last edited: