What's new

how does LIVE matchmaking work in this game?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
I'm just wondering because I always seem to fight the same five people over and over again, when I host matches. I'm sure there must be more people online. I just want some random opponents but I always seem to get the same people.

the reason u will most likely fight the same person over and over again is simply because you both have just gotten out of a match and both are hosting/searching for a match at relatively the same time also it counts in the fact of who has better connections with each other so if u have a really good connection with one guy you will most likely get him again if you notice this is happening a lot simply pause and wait about 30 seconds and then host or search for a match again

Actually I think it works more like 2 separate ladders. If you're searching for opponents, you can only pair up with people who are hosting which resulted in you, playing on the right side. If you're hosting, you can only play against people who are searching for opponents resulting you being on the left side. To sum this down, you will never play against people who are searching when you yourself searching as well. Same thing with people who are hosting. Skill/rank/whatever...means zippo.

-free

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shouldn't it also connect two people who are searching at the same time?

no if 2 people search at the same exact time no matter even if they are the only 2 people playing they will not get in a match there always has to be a host which comes from creating a match