What's new

Question How do you think buffs/nerfs are decided?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think our input barely means anything tbh. "Mileena is the best character in the game or at least top 3 FREE." Barely got touched along with Ermac. "Cyrax needs buffs!" Sektor gets buffs. Remember pre patch Summoner? "Summoner is broken!" Buffed him in the September patch
Sektor got buffs?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah. Along with universal buffs through stamina nerfs and armour nerfs on other characters.
What buffs? I think I only saw the missile buff.

The Stamina and Armor nerfs definitely improve him, but I meant direct buffs..

Tweedy

Noob
I think Alien got nerfed to mid tier while Mileena and Demo got to stay on top, because he's a guest character. People are less bothered when they see a robot or Mileena in grand finals repeatedly, because they're MK.

The weirdest nerfs were the nerfs to Lackey for sure. He went from like a solid mid tier or so to bottom of the cast.

Jax is still all right. He's about where Alien is, the Jax community is just shitty because they expected him to be top tier IMO.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I think Alien got nerfed to mid tier while Mileena and Demo got to stay on top, because he's a guest character. People are less bothered when they see a robot or Mileena in grand finals repeatedly, because they're MK.

The weirdest nerfs were the nerfs to Lackey for sure. He went from like a solid mid tier or so to bottom of the cast.

Jax is still all right. He's about where Alien is, the Jax community is just shitty because they expected him to be top tier IMO.
Havent seen a statement that Jax is uber low, shit tier anywhere. People were just frustrated because of the armor nerf on dashpunch which was totaly unnecessary (although probably related to ddashpunch bug). What are u talking about?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I agree, Inde. Kotal nor Mileena's b1 needed to be a mid in the current version of MKX. But then you have to wonder why these characters were stripped of that, but a certain character gets to keep a launching (albeit unsafe) special that low profiles everything under the fucking sun. And that crossup jip is just as stupid.

I guess my main issue is how were certain nerfs decided on and other blatantly stupid things completely ignored? I just don't get it.
Kotal main talking about stupid cross up jip. LOL

;-)

You're absolutely right. I hate guests, so I could care less if Alien gets the nerf gun and MK characters get smaller, more reasonable nerfs. With that being said.....I realize it's not right.