What's new

How do you stop your XBOX from turning itself on automatically?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have to unplug my xbox or it will turn on automatically

is it because i leave the ps2 etokki converter plugged in? Keyboard?

This is extremely annoying, anyone have this happen to them? Its one of the newer xboxs

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

This is extremely annoying, anyone have this happen to them? Its one of the newer xboxs
Get an older Xbox with one of the later chips...? Idk.

That's super weird. I always keep my eTokki plugged in mine, and it never turns on by itself. I have an older one, btw.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Never heard of this problem, even with my etokki and stick...and I do have the newer model.

LEGEND

YES!

its extremely easy to turn the new Xboxs on by accident, if anything goes anywhere near the power button's senor it goes off. Really annoying

Also could do with the circuitry like bildslash said. And it could also be your keyboard that turns it on if you accidentally hit a button on it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
its extremely easy to turn the new Xboxs on by accident, if anything goes anywhere near the power button's senor it goes off. Really annoying

Also could do with the circuitry like bildslash said. And it could also be your keyboard that turns it on if you accidentally hit a button on it
its just so weird

AssassiN

Noob
I've had this before, there was a plasma ball plugged in and someone was playing with it.

Depending on how many fingers and movement it turned on my xbox and controlled the disc as well.

Accidently clicked liked when I wanted to reply. Anyway, have you opened up your xbox? My friend had this issue and so we searched google for solutions. Someone suggested to open it and check for dust.... and so when we opened it up we found a little gremlin inside chewing on the cables. Hope this helps Piggy.

\m/

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hey Pig, just unplug your controller/converter. Zaf had this issue with one of the converters he has, it happens on both of our xboxes and theyre the older model

Flagg

Noob
My XBox occasionally overheats and shuts down. This usually happens if the radiator is blasting out and the room is too hot.

Pretty sure it cant be good for the XBox for that to happen...

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
maybe you have a wireless controller somewhere that turns it on, maybe its under the couch or whatever.