What's new

Discussion How do you read tick throws?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Since this hasn't been brought up before. I'd like to hear how u guys read tick throws. I sometimes find it tough to get a read on when my opponent will tick throw or follow through with their block string. (An example would be SG Kotal b1~tick/b122) I find myself having to guess on some occasions.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Guess like you are fighting an annoying sub zero.

Last edited:
Most people tick throw almost always after a jump in (Unless they adapt that your reading them), because then they can confirm that your blocking so they can tick throw you. As example: Erron black his 211 tickthrow, normally you cant confirm that string into a tickthrow. But after a jump in you have enough time to see that your opponent is blocking so they go for a tickthrow. (This is also something i always do as a Erron main lol)

Certain tick throws can be option selected eg eb's sand trap. Others can be neutral ducked eg cryomancer's command grab. Others u can jump out lol. But for sub zero's command grab, I will always neutral duck if I see a string into a tick throw if the opponent has no meter because at worst I get damaged from the shatter or hammer and if I make the right read, sub zero gets punished. Hope this helps :)

E

Eldriken

People like to close rounds with tick throws. Other than that, keep guessing br0.
HAH. That's what I like people to think. That's when they get slapped with a raw command grab. >=D

I barely tick anymore. It's insane. I like to do a command grab on hit after a d4. A slight run after landing the d4 into db2 catches so many people. #Kreygasm

Raw command grabs are where it's at now. :O