What's new

Match-up Discussion How do I punish Superman with The Flash?

I found this really good Superman player on PS4 and for every way I find to punish his F23 and ice breath, Supes seems to have a way to punish my punish. lol
For instance, backdash followed by b22 combos to punish his f23 shenanigans, is punished by tons of things and I can then punish those things.
So, is this match up about 50/50s then?
I'm new to fighting games so sorry if this question is dumb.

His air dash crossups are impossible to punish because by the time I press d2, he's already iced breathed me because of the lag.
I would appreciate any tips in the match up, thanks. I love you

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
He ended that post as if it were to his gf lol. Nothing wrong with that but I felt like that "I love you" was autopilot

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I found this really good Superman player on PS4 and for every way I find to punish his F23 and ice breath, Supes seems to have a way to punish my punish. lol
For instance, backdash followed by b22 combos to punish his f23 shenanigans, is punished by tons of things and I can then punish those things.
So, is this match up about 50/50s then?
I'm new to fighting games so sorry if this question is dumb.

His air dash crossups are impossible to punish because by the time I press d2, he's already iced breathed me because of the lag.
I would appreciate any tips in the match up, thanks. I love you
Abuse superman's shitty wakeups. You can d12~MBLK~trait him A LOT once you get the timing down. He can't zone you much. Practice your frame trap pressure and make supes burn meter

Abuse superman's shitty wakeups. You can d12~MBLK~trait him A LOT once you get the timing down. He can't zone you much. Practice your frame trap pressure and make supes burn meter
Yeah, I found that the only wake up d12 can't beat is low scoop. That's full combo punishable so it becomes another mind game.

f23.
-get his timing down and d2 it.
-double back dash string and punish it

air dash spaced in front.
-dash coward after his dash stops will cross him up
-rms 2
-rms run toward cross up
-challenge with j1 11 trait
-trait and walk back, then trip guard or dash under trip guard

air dash cross up
-d2
-dash towards
-neutral j1
-standing 11

universal advice block or mb b3 if his trait is down. don't bother to waste meter on supes for damage as your damage ratio is more even against this mu. For instance, one metered combo with trait plus two non meter combos better than three meter combos with one using trait. I see a lot of flashes squander meter too much.

xQUANTUMx

If he's iced breath you because of lag, play another superman that doesn't lag as much. Don't learn to punish lag bs because that won't necessarily translate.

If he's iced breath you because of lag, play another superman that doesn't lag as much. Don't learn to punish lag bs because that won't necessarily translate.
That makes a lot of sense, but there's barely any good players on PS4, sometimes you gotta deal with it.

f23.

-rms 2
-rms run toward cross up

air dash cross up
-d2
-dash towards
-neutral j1
-standing 11

universal advice block or mb b3 if his trait is down. don't bother to waste meter on supes for damage as your damage ratio is more even against this mu. For instance, one metered combo with trait plus two non meter combos better than three meter combos with one using trait. I see a lot of flashes squander meter too much.
Tested this and I won the FT10. Thanks man. That's why you're the Flash of America!

f23.

-rms 2
-rms run toward cross up

air dash cross up
-d2
-dash towards
-neutral j1
-standing 11

Does d12 work well in this matchup? I have only played against a superman online ever since I picked up flash but seemed to get f23 out of it every single time...

xQUANTUMx

Works great on wakeup. You can knock him out of rising grab. Once you condition him to try to scoop, GGs.

Works great on wakeup. You can knock him out of rising grab. Once you condition him to try to scoop, GGs.
Will practice that to get the timing down! How about approaching superman? if b22 whiffs, then he can instantly punish with f23 or if flash dashes and does d12 f23 also seems to beat that

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Well, I'm getting a PS4 today and Injustice sometime soon so I can run some sets with you if you like to help out.

xQUANTUMx

Will practice that to get the timing down! How about approaching superman? if b22 whiffs, then he can instantly punish with f23 or if flash dashes and does d12 f23 also seems to beat that
Use b22f3 there's pushback on block and b22f3~far sonic pound once you hit confirm. B22 only to whiff punish superman. Do not abuse LC. Once you get superman to the corner as flash, he is dead, for the most part.

Well, I'm getting a PS4 today and Injustice sometime soon so I can run some sets with you if you like to help out.
Anytime. I'm a little rusty because I haven't played it at all in march, (South Park and Dark Souls 2) but just add me and message me when you get it so I can get back into shape. PSN is dim3r3553

xQUANTUMx

One of the biggest footsie/spacing games you will play. Superman's jb2 is great for catching b22 happy flashes. His air control and 8f mid will check you. You need to abuse your considerably advantaged oki game against superman. Against a char like flash, supes cannot get up. I'm just an average supes player though, I'll get @xFriction_Burnx and @SEV in here for some input