What's new

Question - Raiden How do i open people up as raiden and counter people who keep block stunning me?

Every now and then use f2,2+4 at mid range. People seem to forget how much distance this string covers. F1,2 spam will most likely be nerfed so I wouldn't start relying on it. I've changed up my gameplan in preparation already.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
How do they duck a mid hitting 6 frame move? Hard to give you tips on opening people up with a top character. If it comes to "safe strings and block stunning", you know you have tons of armor moves, right? Wow, just wow.
BE MORE CONDESCENDING TO NEW PLAYERS. PLEASE. I BEG YOU

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
In for the lolz with new advice regarding today's patch to make f1 high.

As (displacer) raiden, I try to play the ground game as much as possible since I don't have access to the TG fireworks or LRC. I like to keep them knocked down as much as possible and force them to either block low or wakeup attack. When I get to the corner, I'l lleave them standing with a b1,4

To open people up, I like to F1, 4. Now that it's high, I'm not sure what I'll lean on but it'll probably be d1 or d3. I sometimes also like to sit further than neutral and use a f4 to do that lunging kick which is eaten more times than I can count.

Try to keep quick pokes, use your EX armor w/ up superman or shocker and keep them blocking. That way, you give them a quick low poke and pick them right up for a nice combo.