What's new

How do I get better at Mortal Kombat X?

Durango

Enhancer
I live in Augusta, GA. It's...not really a tournament scene for MKX, but I suppose you could say we're developing. I get very little challenge online for two reasons:

1) Filled with weaker players and players with bad attitudes.
2) Can't get a decent challenge in lobbies due to connection.

In the latter's case, either they decline, they're already in a room, or it doesn't connect. So I don't get sufficient practice at the game. Offline is already more or less out of the question in my area, but online is also giving me limits, regardless if I'm on Ranked, Player, or Lobby matches.

I went to CEO and won one round before losing the next two to a Kano and a Quan-Chi. Naturally, they're better than anyone I've faced online. But I want to find ways to improve my game and have people to play. But I don't know where to go to seek strong challenges.

I live in Augusta, GA. It's...not really a tournament scene for MKX, but I suppose you could say we're developing. I get very little challenge online for two reasons:

1) Filled with weaker players and players with bad attitudes.
2) Can't get a decent challenge in lobbies due to connection.

In the latter's case, either they decline, they're already in a room, or it doesn't connect. So I don't get sufficient practice at the game. Offline is already more or less out of the question in my area, but online is also giving me limits, regardless if I'm on Ranked, Player, or Lobby matches.

I went to CEO and won one round before losing the next two to a Kano and a Quan-Chi. Naturally, they're better than anyone I've faced online. But I want to find ways to improve my game and have people to play. But I don't know where to go to seek strong challenges.
What System?

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I live in Augusta, GA. It's...not really a tournament scene for MKX
There's two things Atlanta has a lot of.

1. Strippers

2. Really good MKX players

Keep practicing, keeping up on your main's subforum, and learn/lab all the matchups you can. If you want to learn more about fundamentals, get on youtube and search "MKX Top 8." Just about everything you get will show you good examples of spacing, punishing, zoning, pressure, etc.

Durango

Enhancer
What System?
PS4

play good people from here?
Which forum? I got nothing on the PSN online forum.

Really? according to google maps you are 2 hours and 18 minutes away from YOMI gaming. Go there.
No car yet.

Keep practicing, keeping up on your main's subforum, and learn/lab all the matchups you can. If you want to learn more about fundamentals, get on youtube and search "MKX Top 8." Just about everything you get will show you good examples of spacing, punishing, zoning, pressure, etc.
Yeah I was gonna check it, especially for CEO. How do you lab the matchups? I use the lab mainly for combo practice.

zoofs

bless
PS4
Which forum? I got nothing on the PSN online forum.
I usually just post a status, or look at statuses for people that want games. PSN online you have to actually go out of your own way to add people, most people aren't going to add from those threads unless you post your own specific thread.

you can add me if you want, psn is zoofs

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Sell the game and move on to a fighting game with better netcode and improves your fundamentals. Or just practice playing setplay characters and/or top tier.

I live In Georgia also and I like to think I have the best mournful kitana and I have a ps4 so you can add me at andnyalewis_ on psn for a challenge